General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

SOLVED - Window slow to raise, 99 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 07:17 PM
Default SOLVED - Window slow to raise, 99 Accord

I've got a '99 Accord with power windows (I presume P/W are standard, oh well...) and when closing it, about halfway up, it seems to drag on something and goes very slow. Past 3/4 or so, it resumes normal speed. Going down is fine.

If it did it going up and down, I'd presume it's an alignment issue or simply getting stuck on something (what, I don't know).

What should I look for ? I have NOT removed the door panel yet but can do so as I'm sure that will be part of any solution...

Old 07-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

I would start with the simple stuff first. Take some silicone grease and lubricate the rubber run channel. The vertical sections are where you want to focus.

Just watch the window go up. If it out of line, you should be able to see the window shift when it seals on the top.

Here is a video on replacing the channel.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:17 PM

At first, I mixed up vertical and horizontal thinking you want me to apply lubrication "lengthwise". I thought, yeah, right, it might help but I won't be able to see out !

It is not out of line - I can confirm that. It remains very parallel to the top or bottom of the 'frame'.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
I would start with the simple stuff first. Take some silicone grease and lubricate the rubber run channel. The vertical sections are where you want to focus.
Couldn't believe it would be that simple.... I sprayed lubricant in the channel by the B-pillar and no help. I looked at the 4" channel and thought that short of a run couldn't slow it down but sure enough, that's what it was !

Thanks !