General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

some issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 12:04 AM
Newest Of Newbies

what do you mean not sure on imcdowel? i just didn't pick an enthusiast nickname for the forum since the car is extremely un enthusiast. im all camaro. anyway i will check on the #7 vacuum hose cause you may be right. let me know if that imcdowel comment was something else. idk. thanks though.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

I bet he just means he didn't know the answers to ALL the things in your post.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Newest Of Newbies

most likely lol.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

You should also have the battery tested.

Removing the battery will stop the car from running even if the alternator is good.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Newest Of Newbies

yeah i had the battery tested twice and then replaced it. its under warranty. im throwing the new alternator in today. oh boy.let you know how it goes.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Newest Of Newbies

ok so the alternator was good, despite having it checked and them lying saying it was bad. however a new issue. one of the bolts that is on the control arm that holds the wheel is bad. so i need a new one pressed on. also three vacuum lines were just hanging unhooked. plugged em in now it idles fine. however i found a plug just hanging. it has like a little boot and a ball at the end of it what does it go to??? everything works so idk. needs a new serpentine belt. squeek squeek squeek! then goes a way. sometimes... good stuff... anyway i can post a pic of the plug if that would help.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Which bolt is bad? Upper/lower and front/back? Or do you mean the ball joint?

There should be a sticker under the hood showing where the vacuum hoses are routed. Make sure you put them in the correct place.

As for the plug, where is it in the engine bay? Any wire colors? A pic may help identify it.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Newest Of Newbies

its the bolt that behind the rotor that the wheel slips onto. there's four of them. but ones bad so i ground it off to get the old one out. i put all the vacuum houses on correctly since i have mechanics that live with me. they helped me through that one. the plug is black looks like the one for the cruise control but the cruise control works. like a wire leading to a ball with a boot around it. its on the left side of the engine. closer to the bottom of the engine as well.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Newest Of Newbies

its the bolt on the front left of the car. it has to be pried in two pieces then the bearing has to be pressed together when the new bolt is installed. there inst enough room to get a new in any other way. its attached to the control arm so i have to take that crud off again as well.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

There is an 86 accord manual that you can download from the spooner link I put in the online manuals thread in the DIY section. That should help with the unplugged electrical connection.

I wonder if it plugs into the horn?

So the bolt you are talking about is the lug that holds the tire to the hub?

Quick Reply: some issues