General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 02:28 PM
sapreston08
Unregistered
Default spoiler

I just bought a spoiler off of ebay and was wondering if it is difficult to install to my 00 accord coupe.
Also, what are your thoughts, should i get the rear moulding out of an accord that came stock with a spoiler so i dont have the third brake light still in the rear window, or is it really not a big deal?

Old 07-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Default RE: spoiler

Moulding/rear brake light is just a matter of preferance, if it bugs you fix it, if not then leave it, most people don't even pay attention... As for the spoiler just be certain that you have everything lined up 100% before you drill it, take the spoiler, set it on the trunk lid and inspect it carefully, make certain it is EXACTLY where you want it, make a small mark with a pen or marker, something that washes off, on the front,rear, and both sides of the spoiler's "feet" that touch the trunk, then flip the spoiler over and trace around the outside of the "feet" onto a piece of paper, punch holes through the paper with a pencil to mark your hole locations, then tape that paper to the trunk in the place where you marked your lines and drill straight down through the trunk, now it's just a matter of bolting it on! I'd suggest using some foam tape or silicone around the bolts/screws to ensure that it's water tight, to do it right the first time it will take about an hour if you're super picky about alignment or 30 minutes if you like to be quick.... Using a tape measure to measure from the edges of the trunk to ensure that it's perfectly centered can help as well