General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squealing Problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Default Squealing Problem!!

Hi, I have a 2002 Honda Accord 2.3 Type V UK car and have an annoying squealing problem.

Whenever I put the blowers on I get a squealing noise.. It sounds like a fan belt slipping. It does it more when I put the Aircon on but also does it when the Aircon is off. I've removed the power to the compressor so the Aircon doesn't work now and it still does it.

The belts are new and they are tight enough.

Any ideas??

Old 08-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

What about a squealing bearing in the actual blower motor (under the dashboard)? I think you can get to that from the footwell (with some contortion).

Our USA Accord is a different car vs your Swindon-built car, so my parts drawing might not be very useful. But here goes...

The blower #5 fits into the bottom of the round ductwork. You probably have to remove a trim panel or 3.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
What about a squealing bearing in the actual blower motor (under the dashboard)? I think you can get to that from the footwell (with some contortion).

Our USA Accord is a different car vs your Swindon-built car, so my parts drawing might not be very useful. But here goes...

The blower #5 fits into the bottom of the round ductwork. You probably have to remove a trim panel or 3.
Hi, thanks for the reply. It's definitely coming from the engine bay. After researching on google, I've found another chap who had the same problem and he had replaced everything , including Aircon compressor, alternator, belts etc and it turned out to be the crankshaft pulley so I'm going to try that I think

Matt

Old 08-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Crank pulley would be a fairly big job. Before you replace that, try to pinpoint the location of the sound. What if it's just the belt itself getting old & hardened.

Try a scrap piece of garden hose as a poor-man's stethoscope.