General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SRS Light

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Default SRS Light

My SRS light has come on again (at 77K miles), but this time it will not turn off. I have reset it 3 times, and it just comes back on. So I assume there is actually something wrong this time. I have read other threads and have found many reasons for the SRS light to come on and stay on. Is there any procedure where I can diagnose the problem myself to see what it could be: i.e. OPDS, bad alternator, SRS sensor, seatbelt sensor, or airbag.

I have alsoread that there is a recall that maybe related for 2000 Accords, butit only coversa certain unit of the SRS system. I want to figure out exactly what the problemis before taking ti to the dealership.

I have useAutozone's OBD II scanner to find no problem. Its says there are no malfunctions. I have check my battery, and it's still good. Any suggestions or easy checks for the most common problems listed above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Miller
2000 Accord EX Coupe
78K Miles

Old 01-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: SRS Light

You have to have a compatable scan tool to read the SRS codes.
OTC makes Airbag code readers; maybe an independent in your area could read the code, other than that;
The best thing is to have the dealer read the codes and then you can make choices based on an accurate diagnostic.
I've seen bunches of the seat belt latch problems so you have a good chance of getting a freebie at the dealer.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:42 AM
Default RE: SRS Light

I had the dealer check out the SRS light, hoping it would be under a recall, but to no avail. They said it was a bad cable reel. This is probably from me messing with the cable reel. I added oem volume controls to my accord which is a 4cyl that did not have them to begin with. I added the switch and wiring to the clockspring. I think only the V6 models had the stock volume stereo controls on their clockspring.

Does anyone know if there is a major difference between the 4cyl and V6 clocksprings? Since I need to replace the bad cable reel (clockspring), I figure I midas well replace with a V6 model clockspring, which will have the stereo volume controls included (instead of me tapping into the terminal block on it).

Thanks,
Miller
2000 Accord EX Coupe
78K miles