General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SRS light doesn't rest, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Default SRS light doesn't rest, now what?

Hi All,

I tried theDIY on reseting the SRS light, everything went according to the plan (including double blinking of the SRS light). However,at the end when I turn off the ignition switch, wait 10+ seconds and start the engine the SRS light still comes on and stays on. So, the question for those whohave had their SRS light checked by the dealer is: WHAT DID THEY FIND WRONG AND HW MUCH DID I COST TO FIX?

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:52 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: SRS light doesn't rest, now what?

lots of times the life safety systems (SRS, seat belts) are covered for life. might be free.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:09 AM

ORIGINAL: crvone

Hi All,

So, the question for those whohave had their SRS light checked by the dealer is: WHAT DID THEY FIND WRONG AND HW MUCH DID I COST TO FIX?

Thanks in advance.
there are too many different things that could be wrong for anyone to give you an accurate assumption on what your issue involves or how much it would cost,, It could be a simple as a loose connection to needing the control unit
have the dealer chk it out,, depending on what it is ,, it could be under warranty

Old 10-14-2007, 11:44 AM

What trouble code does it have stored?

Old 10-14-2007, 11:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Chiovnidca

What trouble code does it have stored?
I don't have an OBD reader.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:56 PM

Hi Chivondica/all,

Sorry, for being ignorant. So I read some of the nice previous psotings, jumped the two=wire connector under teh glove box, turned the ignition switch on and see the following:

SRS Light: 5 long flashes follwoed by 2 quick flashes (Code 52 ?).... the pattern repeats
ABS Light: 3 Long flashes (30 ?)...but then the light stays off

Both mySRS light and ABS light stay on during enengine operation. So, assuming I read the codes correctly, what do they mean?

... thanks in advance.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:15 PM

SRS code 5-2 indicates an internal failure of the control unit. It can sometimes be caused by low battery voltage. If you clear it and it comes back it likely needs a new srs unit.

Check the abs code again, code 3 should be followed by a sub code. Jump the connector, then turn the key on.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:47 PM

O.K. here is what the ABS light does (after jumping the dignostic connector under the glove box).

Turn the ingition on....ABS light on , then ABS light goes off, but comes back on ~ 2 to 3 seconds later, goes off...comes back on in ~ 5 seconds...goes off, comes back on in ~ 5 seconds... then goes off and stays off.

So is this three longblinks(code 3-0) , orcode 1 repeated 3 times?.

As a backgorund , up untill last year I was able to get rid of the ABS light by topping off the ABS reservoire, I did this like once every 3 months.. but it doesn't work any more. besides the reserviore is full.

.... Thanks for yor help.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:34 PM

srs code 5-2 you are s.o.l. it means internal problem with SRS control unit..

As for the abs i am not sure what code it is 1-2 or 2-1 need to read it properly but first thing that you should do is to chk the fuses
underhood abs fuse box 40 amp fuse abs motor and 10 amp fuse abs unit same place .. chk those and let us know

Old 10-20-2007, 06:39 PM

I checkd the ABS fuse box, the 40 AMP fuse looked unbroken through the palstic cover. Pulled out the 10 AMP fuse and checked out O.K., also checked the the other 2 fuses (15 AMP and 20 AMP) they all looked fine. Firmly reseated them.

Next jumped the connector under theglove box again, his time all I get when I turned the ignition on isone slowblink (just one) and then nothing. Tried three times to confirm, just one slow blink and then light goes off and stays off.Is this a real code or did I screw up something with the fuses.

... thanks in adavnce.

Quick Reply: SRS light doesn't rest, now what?