General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SRS Partial reset

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Unhappy SRS Partial reset

Hi,
I have just bought a 1995 Honda Accord Wagon. I realized after I got the car that the SRS light is on all the time. On the next day I got laid off from work and cant afford to take it to the dealer. The methods that are shown in Youtube and this forum helped me find the location of the MES connector and try reset the SRS light. I used a paper clip and put it into the MES connector (yellow with grey wires) and turned on the ignition. The SRS light went off in 6 seconds and then I removed the paper clip. The SRS light came back on. I put the paper clip back in less then 4 seconds. The SRS light remained light. What should I do how can I find the source of the problem. I have a lot of background in repairing electrical and automotive devices. Please give me a detailed info. I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

HondaPerson

Old 03-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Default Progress?...Question

Hi, Have the same problem on a 1991 wagon but in addition neither the horn nor the cruise set switches work. Got any ideas? Thx, Bill

Old 03-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Default It's complicated

Usually the problem is with the steering wheel spool cable. If you have a consistent problem with your srs system the light will come back on. It's a pain to re-set those error codes. congrats on patients. I will look at this later. I have to go.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:46 PM

Hi,
I managed to get the code from the SRS light. The method I used is to jumber the Blue connector under the glovebox and start the car. Yes, I said start the car. I does not do any thing until I start the car. I got a code that looks like 5 long blinks and 1 short one.
After that, I turned the engine off, took the key out, took the jumper out of the blue connector, and waited more than 10 seconds. I went to the drivers side and put the jumper on the yellow MES connector and turned the ignition on to the II position. The SRS light came on for about 6 seconds and went out. I did the procedure for resetting the MES. It reset the MES. I was happy for the moment. Then I drove the car around the block. As I pulled out the the SRS light came back on. Question, is it my cable reel in the steering wheel? How do I check it or remove it? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
HondaPerson