General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car overheated & Need Radiator. Buy from where?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 07:27 PM
Default Car overheated & Need Radiator. Buy from where?

Hello everyone.

First of all, I hope I've posted this in the correct section. Forgive me If I haven't. I'm ok with it being moved to its correct forum section if need be.

Anyways, I own a 2004 Honda Accord. This car has been great to me since I purchased it used from a buddy just over a year ago. It's fulfilled its job quite well, while sparing me any headache. However, just yesterday my car overheated on me. When I got home I inspected its radiator and found that this part was to blame. It showed signs of leakage and a majority of the fins were severely bent. I know that replacement is my only option at this point, but before I do so, I'd like some advice. I've decided to purchase an aftermarket version online, but don't know which companies are reputable. I've found two that I particularly like but before I buy from one of them, I'd like some sort of verification that they are a legitimate business. I almost never buy anything online so I don't know how to spot a scam, and I can't afford to be scammed.

Has anyone dealt with either of the following companies and can verify that they are a legitimate company? Thanks in advance.

KOYORAD Radiator,HON021929 - importrp:
catalog dot importrp dot com/ item.wws?mfr=KOYORAD&sku=HON021929&source=GOOGLEBA SE

or

Honda Accord Radiator > RadiatorSpot.com
www dot radiatorspot dot com/ honda/accord/radiators.html#MjM1Nzc

Last edited by JimBlake; 03-26-2011 at 07:07 PM. Reason: links
Old 03-25-2011, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

You need to post your vehicle engine/trim. How can we know which radiaotor is needed. I doubt anyone knows those particular radiators, but perhaps.

There are many radiators available on ebay at lower prices, but I can't say if they are better or worse than a Koyo radiator. I have purchased from carpartswholesale on ebay w/ good results for other parts. I have purchased a couple of radiators on ebay. They were both made in China and have worked well.

good luck

Old 03-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

I just changed those links according to the posting rules. No active links to selling sites unless they're sponsors.