General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stolen Keys

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 11:43 AM
scagle777
Unregistered
Default Stolen Keys

I have a 2001 Honda Accord EX Coupe. They keys were stolen the other night. I know the person that might have them but can't prove it. I've filed a police report but was wondering what would be the best solution to keep my car from being stolen or vandalized? Should I change the locks and ignition? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Old 03-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Changing out all the locks will be a tedious task. I believe TAS Auto sells all the lock cylinders, but they each have their own set of keys. If you can find someone parting out their 6th gen on 6thgenaccord.com, you can buy all their locks and keys from them and get the key reprogrammed at Honda.

Are you using a spare set at the moment? The cheapest and most effective way would be to garage the car somewhere, either you house, a relatives, or rent a place, until it gets sorted out.

Is the person with the keys a friend?

Old 03-02-2009, 11:58 AM
scagle777
Unregistered

Ex friend. He's kind of a hothead. He very well could have thrown them out the window. I just don't want to go through all of the BS with the insurance if something happens. I'm using a spare and the other set had the only keyless entry I had. I may just get the locks changed and ignition. I didn't know if there was a chip or anything in the keys

Old 03-02-2009, 12:00 PM
scagle777
Unregistered

It's also the thought of someone else having the keys to your car. They could very well wait until you are at a store or something and take it.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Why not confront the culprit. Sounds like a domestic dispute..

Old 03-02-2009, 12:13 PM
scagle777
Unregistered

Originally Posted by cjdm98
Why not confront the culprit. Sounds like a domestic dispute..
I already have. He cussed me out and said he didn't have them. By the way this guy has major problems. But the fact of the matter is that I know he has them. He will never admit that he does either. You have to understand this guy is a psycho

Old 03-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

You already filed a police report. What did THEY say?
The insurance claim should be sorta easy with a police report to back it up.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:52 PM
scagle777
Unregistered

Originally Posted by JimBlake
You already filed a police report. What did THEY say?
The insurance claim should be sorta easy with a police report to back it up.
Since I don't know exactly that he still has the keys, I'm limited on my options. All I know is that they were last seen in his vehicle. All I have is heresay. But if something happens I know who was behind it. The police took the information down. A friend was driving the car at the time they were stolen and I made him tell the police what he told me. They just said if anything happens just let them know