General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

strange light pop in gas pedal

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 03:49 AM
Default strange light pop in gas pedal

Hello all,

I'm new here but worried that I might be experiencing my first issue with my brand new accord. It's a v6 6speed coupe with about 600 miles on it. Recently, I've noticed that when first starting to drive after the car has been sitting for a while (say, overnight), I back out of my driveway, shift to first, and as I begin accelerating through first slowly, I feel a faint feedback in the gas pedal. It's almost like a little pop. However, I can't recreate it by stopping, and starting again. It only seems to happen that first time through 1st gear. I am not accelerating quickly at all and keeping the RPMs quite low, since to feel the vibration i need to be really light on the gas.

has anyone experienced anything like this? i would say it was normal, but i don't think the car did that when i first bought it a few weeks ago. any insight would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

mike

Old 07-18-2006, 01:44 PM
Default RE: strange light pop in gas pedal

Just to verify but it only does it once in the mornings only? does it seem to affect the RPM's of the car or the speed or anything? Can you feel it under hard acceleration or can you EVER re-create the issue except that once?

Old 07-18-2006, 01:52 PM

not only in the mornings, but definitely after the car has been parked for some period of time. last night i came home around 11pm, then went out again around 1am to see if the pop would happen again, and it did. it does not seem to affect anything when it does occur, and no, i cannot feel it under hard acceleration. but, since i don't peel out from my driveway in 1st gear or anything, and the problem does not resurface after i start driving, it's something i wouldn't have experienced.

will take her for a spin again shortly.

Old 07-18-2006, 02:10 PM

and you can't feel it while reving the car at all? I'd start the car and open the hood... try slowly revving the engine by using the throttle control under the hood.... there is a slight chance that there is a small "burr" in the metal from manufacturing... also, if the car is new I'd take it in (just whenever you get a chance) and make them aware of the issue then drive it for about 3-5,000 miles so when you go in for your service if it's still having that problem then see if you can get them to feel it...

Old 07-18-2006, 02:20 PM

yeah, that's what i was thinking of doing too. might as well milk the warranty for all it's worth. i'll keep you posted, thanks for your help!

Old 07-18-2006, 02:45 PM

I would be willing to bet money that you're feeling the ABS/braking system setting itself. It doesn't make sense to me, but my wife's 2003 EX-V6 does that same thing every time you start moving forward in "Drive" after it has been sitting for a while (especially in the morning where it's most noticeable). I can feel a click sensation in the gas pedal and I also hear a brief scrubbing noise (maybe half a second in duration)... then all is well. I would take it in to get it checked just to make sure there is nothing wrong... but I bet they're going to tell you it's the brakes and that it's normal.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:00 PM

I totally spaced that out.... mine does the same thing now that I think about it.... normally if I start it and sit for a second with my foot on the brake I can hear/feel it set and if I go then that issue is gone.... might just be the brakes... good call