General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Surges/hessitates off the line when cold

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 12:44 AM
HID87Accord
Unregistered
Default Surges/hessitates off the line when cold

I have 4 questions...

1) My '87 LXi will hessitate off the line when cold. What could cause that? I just had the fuel system cleaned and the oil system cleaned with an oil change (before this when I started it cold, it would hessitate at first, then recover, then dip, then recover before it would idle normally). It's better now (does not rise then surge when first started any longer), but still hessitates off the lone when cold -though not as badly.

2) The sub-fan will come on and stay on after the car has been shut off. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it will stay on until the battery dies. I pulled the fuse but the main fan will come on and go off periodically when the ignition is turned on -even when the engine is cold. Have replaced the thermostat and other fan related sensors with no fix. What could be the problem causing the fans to not work properly? Ever since the car was new, no fan would come on when the car was off, and I understand that one of the fans are supposed to come on for a short period of time after the car has been shut of if the engine is too hot.

3) What is causing the electrical system to appearing drained when turing on accessories like the rear window defroster, the AC, the lights, or even the turn signal? When the AC is on, the engine bogs at idle. It did not used to do that.

4) Have always had issues with the stock braking system -mainly the front rotors wearing prematurely and the stopping quality being poor after the first 100 miles or so (the brakes will not capable of locking up in a panic stop). Any braking options that would improve the braking system's performance and longevity?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on these issues.