General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension problems

Old 09-01-2008, 11:56 PM
pshadey
Unregistered
Default Suspension problems

I have a 92 Honda Accord Dx F22A1. I have a little suspension problem, my passenger side suspenion rides a little high than the driver side does. the is also some negative camber goin on as well just trying to see what it could possibly be. My guess is a control arm or something in that area... Is it even possible to throw the suspension off just like that just due to a bent lowe control arm. If not what else could it be.......Thanks for any help.. I really want to do the H22 swap but not if the suspension can't be repaired............

Old 09-02-2008, 08:28 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Suspension problems

Original springs? Could be worn out.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Almost A Senior Member

hmm , this is similar to my problem to, i noticed about a week or so ago, my front driver side sits about 1/2 - 1" lower then the front passenger side.both rears look pretty even. i changed my springs andshocks about amonth ago. what can be the problem?

Old 09-02-2008, 02:57 PM

If I'm not mistaken, on the 6th gen 4 cylinder, the engine sits off to the driver side. This could cause the lean. IDk about the 92.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:05 PM

^tranny should balance that out some.... sounds like sagging springs to me. Depending on how the control arm is bent it could also cause a similar effect, but that much, I doubt it. A bent control arm definitely affects handling and the way the car drives. I drove around with a bent one for a month or two, it's noticeable!

Old 09-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Almost A Senior Member

hmm, this is real interesting, if anyone has any other theories to my uneven front, post them up!

Old 09-02-2008, 04:22 PM

If you can, post corner-weights ...... with and without the driver in the car.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Worn bushings in lower arm could cause a sag. Worn or damaged Spring Mounting Rubber at top of strut column. Worn upper and/or lower ball joints.

good luck

Old 09-03-2008, 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: xpieceofcralpx

hmm, this is real interesting, if anyone has any other theories to my uneven front, post them up!
Just a suggestion.

When I started a complete front suspension job, the very first thing I noticed was that BOTH front strut springs were broken.

Check for a break near the bottom of the spring, just above where the spring is held by the strut shock. If the spring has that plastic coating/protector, look at it closely for any discontinuity that would indicate that the spring underneath is is broken.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:38 PM
pshadey
Unregistered

Thanks for all the suggestions. When i pulled the passenger side suspension apart a while back i found that the springs that are on it seem to be OE.it does pull slightly to the right but i believe thats beacuse the passenger side sits high. It does how ever have KYB GR2 struts on the front(with stock springs). should i just go out and buy some drop(only because i want to lowe it any way) springs and see if it levels it out...... Not sure what is meant by corner wieghts.

Thanks for everything guys

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suspension problems