General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Suspension problems

Corner weights are the weight under each tire.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:26 AM

You might have one sagged front spring (or one front spring sagged more than the other). The only way to check for this is to take both struts out, remove both springs and place them side by side on a flat surface to check that they have equal free length. You could also have a sagged rear spring, which (assuming equal length front springs) would be the one diagonally opposite to the high front corner of the car. While you had the springs off the struts, also check the upper spring seat rubber inserts. And, check the rubber bushes at the bottom of the struts, i.e. the ones fitted in the lower control arms.

Your unequal camber is likely to be related to the difference in side to side ride height, fix this and the unequal camber problem might well disappear.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:42 AM

ORIGINAL: xpieceofcralpx

hmm , this is similar to my problem to, i noticed about a week or so ago, my front driver side sits about 1/2 - 1" lower then the front passenger side.both rears look pretty even. i changed my springs andshocks about amonth ago. what can be the problem?
Poor quality springs sagging prematurely and uneqally??

Old 09-05-2008, 07:47 PM
pshadey
Unregistered

You know i think your right. I work at a shop (but not a mechanic, and my mechanic is a jerk and won't look at my car) but any way i pulled my honda in the other day and checked the ride height at each wheel(wheel to top of fender) and they read as follows. pass-front 4 1/2", pass-rear 3 3/4",drvr-rear 3 1/4", drvr-front 3 3/4". I think i am going to get some drop springs and see if it levels out. What do you recomend a good drop is for a 92 honda accord. I don't want it sitting on the ground just a good height for better handling. I think 2" may be to extreme i want to be able to get over speed bumps and i'm a big dude!!!

Old 09-05-2008, 09:40 PM

I don't know which specific springs to recommend for you, but the lower you go the stiffer the springs need to be. Big drops are rarely advisable as it can create all sorts of issues, including messing with the suspension geometry (and I don't just mean changing the camber, it messes with more esoteric but important stuff like the 'camber curve', roll centre locations etc.). A modest drop would be fine, though the definition of 'modest' may vary...

Old 09-08-2008, 10:57 AM
pshadey
Unregistered

I think i'm going to go 1 1/2" drop zone...

Old 09-08-2008, 12:19 PM

I think i'm gunna go on a walk today.... ????

Is this in relation to anything? Is there a question involved?

Old 09-08-2008, 12:29 PM

Going for a walk like this???
Name:  segway-anti-terror.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  73.4 KB

Old 09-08-2008, 04:24 PM
pshadey
Unregistered

Yea if you would have read the entire forum conversation then you would understand the previous post..... But just in case you don't want read then i was referring to the size of suspension drop i was wanting to do on my 92 accord. and i was wandering if a 1 1/2" drop would make a noticeable difference.. i think that 2" would be to low.... and i was kinda throwing a brand name out there to see what you people thought about drop zone springs.....if you don't recommend them then what kind do you recommend....

There's the question????????

Old 09-08-2008, 04:47 PM

Don't mind Spaz, I think he's in an "I'm going to screw with everyone" kind of mood lately. I'm sure that he knew what you meant as well.

I've seen WBAng suggest Drop Zone before, but I don't have any personal experience with them. Look into Tein Basic and Eibach Pro-Kit. Maybe Progress too, but I'd expect them to be a bit lower and harder than the others.

At the end of the day, you have to do your own research and figure out these items for yourself:

1. Fixed or variable height
a. If fixed: linear or progressive windings in the springs
2. Fixed or variable dampening
a. If variable: On board adjustment?
3. How stiff do you want the springs to be?
4. How low do you want it to be?
5. Is this more for show or handling characteristics?
6. How does everything above compare to the other equipment in your setup?
-Are Zeal coilovers well suited for a DD with OEM sways? Not at all!

Quick Reply: Suspension problems