General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TB

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 10:40 PM
808h22accord
Unregistered
Default TB

I HAD A QUESTION I HAVE A H22 IN MY ACCORD AND RECENTLY BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY THROTTLE BODY CLEANED OUT BECAUSE MY IDLE WAS GETTING STUCK DO YOU GUYS THINK ITS THE TB OR SOMETHING ELSE IF IT IS THE TB WILL A B-SERIES ON WORK JUST CURIOUS LMK ON THIS BECAUSE THIS IDLEING PROBLEM IS GETTING IRRITATING

Old 11-28-2008, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: TB

I am 95% sure a B series throttle body will work as I think F B D H series tb are all interchangeable.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Administrator

I think you just might be right 2rice...good info...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 12-04-2008, 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: 808h22accord

I HAD A QUESTION I HAVE A H22 IN MY ACCORD AND RECENTLY BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY THROTTLE BODY CLEANED OUT BECAUSE MY IDLE WAS GETTING STUCK DO YOU GUYS THINK ITS THE TB OR SOMETHING ELSE IF IT IS THE TB WILL A B-SERIES ON WORK JUST CURIOUS LMK ON THIS BECAUSE THIS IDLEING PROBLEM IS GETTING IRRITATING
Dude, wtf? I can't even half read this ****. Get some punctuation and grammar and lowercase letters going on. It's one big run-on sentence. Anyway, if your idle is getting "stuck" whatever that means, I'm guessing the butterfly valve is stuck? If the idle is going haywire, like up and down, it's probably a vacuum leak somewhere. Since it's a swap, it wouldn't be surprising if someone missrouted a vacuum line or two or three.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:58 AM
Default F22B non-vtec throttle body and Throttle Position Sensor

1. I was wondering if a non-vtec throttle body will work efficiently on a vtec engine or if i would need to get a vtec throttle body and also would that have an effect on the TPS signals (voltage values)?

2. Also, I was shooting the voltage on my TPS connector and i got 5.0v on all 3 wires yet i should be getting 0.1v and 5.0v on the reference and ground wires...somebody HELP !!!!

Old 04-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Look up the throttle body part number for an EX and a LX accord on a site like hondapartsnow[dot]com. If the parts are the same you can swap them.

As for the TPS sensor, one of those 5V readings is for the reference, so that is good. The other 5V reading may be correct, because 5V is the max voltage read by the ECU at full throttle, which is what you do when you unplug the sensor. I think that you need to backprobe the ground and the wire that is read by the ECU (red/blk on my 95 accord). See if the voltage changes when you open and close the throttle.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:17 AM

koolio, thanx PA, i will do that this weekend.