General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCS Error

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Default TCS Error

Just had the tranny replaced on my 2005 EX V6 now I have the triangle ! and TCS indicator lights lit up on the dash. The TCS button does nothing. What have they forgotten to plug back up? Anyone else had this happen after a tranny replacement?

Old 05-27-2013, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

I'd take it back and have them check their work.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:55 AM

Took it by yesterday and they are refusing to admit it was their problem. The code I am getting is an 84-1 Sensor Logic Failure and it WAS NOT there before the transmission replacement. Any ideas?

Old 06-01-2013, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Can you check the connector to the control unit. It has a "strange" locking connector....not sure if they would have removed it to do the trans work....hoping they didn't "seat" it back on correctly.

In this pic you see how "lever B" is in the up position - this is the "release" position.

I'm reaching here but it can't hurt to look/try?

Attached Thumbnails TCS Error-7th-gen-v6-abs-connector.jpg  
Old 06-01-2013, 12:43 PM
Administrator
Lightbulb And If That Doesn"t Help! THERE>

Originally Posted by poorman212
Can you check the connector to the control unit. It has a "strange" locking connector....not sure if they would have removed it to do the trans work....hoping they didn't "seat" it back on correctly.

In this pic you see how "lever B" is in the up position - this is the "release" position.

I'm reaching here but it can't hurt to look/try?

Is always small claims court. So many of these shops act like they know what they are doing and work on your ride and then it comes back with something else wrong that wasn't wrong before you brought it to them..Tech's are to busy text msg to pay attention to there work.

I do Mystery Shopping for my Part Time living and I see this with my own eys..and Yes I have arout 30 car dealers that I do every 60 days. I put in false codes and see if they fix them correctly. Sometimes they do - sometimes they don't but they cause new codes..after they turn off the code it of course comes back in a few hours to a couple of days later with the same codes or new ones because it didn't get fixed.

Yes folks I do get paid to do this, and that's by the dealers owners who are checking up on the Certified Techs who think they're cool untill I get them..then they learn to do the work correctly and fix it the 1st time or they then lose their jobs. If not the dealers get BAD marks against the dealerships which they can't afford to have by their Car Manufactures.

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Images  
Old 06-04-2013, 08:47 AM

The connector was fastened so all is well there...I even pulled the lever then locked it down again...thanks for trying. Im going to try and get it up on a lift this afternoon and look around and trace....Again many thanks! I will post back when its resolved.