General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCS indicator light and power issues...

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Default TCS indicator light and power issues...

Okay, I have a 2004 Accord 3.0 automatic, and 2 days ago the traction control system indicator light came on. Not only did the light come but when I drive the car and it gets to 3400 rpm the vehicle it acts as though it is hitting the rev limiter. What I have checked and what I have tested:

1. Brake fluid is up to level.
2. Brakes are 6 months old and in good shape.
3. Transmission fluid is up to level.
4. Unhooked battery and left unhooked overnight.

In reading similar posts I see the that the brake fluid level switch could be an issue, however would that affect the acceleration? I have also seen that the brake light switch could cause an issue, would that also affect the acceleration?

Any ideas would be appreciated.....

Old 01-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Go get your car scanned for trouble codes. Some Autozone or Ammco do it for no charge.

It may turn out to be P2138, which is due to your Accelerator Pedal Position sensor. Your problem sounds like that. If it is, you could replace it yourself. It is located in the engine compartment, against the passenger side firewall.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

Here's some more info.:

Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor
As the accelerator pedal position changes, the sensor varies the signal voltage to the ECM/PCM.

Attached Thumbnails TCS indicator light and power issues...-app-sensor.jpg  
Old 01-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Default thanks

okay when the codes are read the only code that comes up is P2647, something about the rocker arm... any ideas?????

Old 01-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by asmerik
okay when the codes are read the only code that comes up is P2647, something about the rocker arm... any ideas?????

DTC P2647: VTEC Oil Pressure Switch Circuit High Voltage
1) Check the engine oil level. Is the level OK?
2) Check for poor connections or loose terminals at the VTEC oil pressure switch.
3) Maybe be problem with VTEC Switch
a) Turn the ignition switch OFF.
b) Disconnect the VTEC oil pressure switch 2P connector.
c) At the VTEC oil pressure switch, check for continuity between VTEC oil pressure switch 2P connector terminals No.1 and No.2. NO - Replace the VTEC oil pressure switch.

You may want to change the engine oil. This code can cause your car into a limp mode. There may actually be other codes that pop up later, as the problem with the TCS may be something else and intermittent.

Attached Thumbnails TCS indicator light and power issues...-vtec-oil-pressure-switch-location.jpg   TCS indicator light and power issues...-vtec-oil-pressure-switch-image.jpg   TCS indicator light and power issues...-vtec-oil-pressure-switch.jpg   TCS indicator light and power issues...-vtec-oil-pressure-switch-2p-connector.jpg