General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Temperature Needle broke

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Default Temperature Needle broke

I broke the temperature needle on the dash. Can it be replace? it crack at the base...

honda accord 94 EX.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Default RE: Temperature Needle broke

interesting thing about this is someone else just had their temp guage fail.... if the needle came off but you think the guage is still working you could always just super glue it back on as a temporary fix, just be sure it's close to the right position.... If the guage itself is broke start looking for a new one.... Here's the post with attached instructions on removing it that we just went through with another person, you could always pm him and see where he got one and fixed it as well

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/Nee...m_45708/tm.htm

Old 02-27-2007, 01:21 PM

My friends did the same thing when he went to put the white glow backing on the gauges. He ended up going to the local scrap yard and gettin a new one for $25. ( whole new cluster)

Old 02-28-2007, 12:49 AM

Hey, I'm the person Sir Nasty was talking about who had the bad temp gauge. I was about to post a new topic because I had a question, but noticed this thread about temp gauges. What I did was find one on Ebay. I found the entire cluster for $19.99 plus $15 shipping. If I had went to my local Honda house, the temp gauge alone would have ran $136.00. There is a gauge cluster right now on Ebay for a 94 EX that is starting at $49.99 with no bids. I don't know if you would want to try putting it in yourself, but I just had mine put in today by a local shop and the guy only charged me $45. I called just one other shop andthey quoted me about two hours labor which would have been about $140. Check your local junkyards or keep an eye on Ebay for a cluster. Sir Nasty's suggestion sounds good if you have the clear cover off and can easily glue it back together - not sure how badly damaged your needle is.

I have a question for Sir Nasty or anyone else. I have the 94 EX, the cluster I bought was for a 97 SE. I told the guy to take the temp gauge out of the Ebay cluster and put it in mine. When I back to the shop, he said he went ahead and put the entire Ebay cluster in mine because something looked like it was going to crack if he attempted to keep trying to open it up, and also there was some piece ot tape or something that he said would get me fined if he opened the cluster up and it broke or looked tampered with(odometer related). The guage works fine, but thing is, the SE Accords do not have ABS and mine does. The gauge pod does not have an ABS light, but strangely enough, I do recall seeing the letters "ABS" in raised letters on the pod out of the SE. It looks like the ABS light is the only difference. Would the SE pod that is now in my car cause any issues other than not having the ABS light? If I do have a problem with myABS system, are there any clues I can pick up on when driving, or would I just have to take it in to a shop from time to time to have it checked in order to know?

Didn't mean to Bogart your post, hopefully you can get help out of what I am describing and learn something else to look out for when getting a used pod since these temp gauge problems are all related.

Old 02-28-2007, 01:00 AM

For what I know about the cluster, It is compatible it will works SE or EX.. just that ABS wont' show up if u have problem with it...

The reason that guy put on ebay cluster for you because it is a 20 minutes job. I could take it out and put it back in.
If he replace the temperature for you that is alot of work and it is very fragile. needle could break off like that very easy.....
I think he just ate your money right there.

I had try to glue it but it is not sticking in... i even try to force the needle to stay.
I think i just get the cluster on ebay.. one is for bidding right now..

I think my Accord is falling apart.. but it is fun fixing it up.. Give u knowledge........

Thanks for all responses.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:16 AM
vteckayla
Unregistered

yea dude. that sucks