General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny fluid wont cool. cheked hoses..all seems fine..need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 11:35 PM
mike87
Unregistered
Default Tranny fluid wont cool. cheked hoses..all seems fine..need help

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST!!

NOw my problem is as follow, like about 2 weeks ago my tranny has been kicking gears in and out. then i found out that the tranny runs a hose to the radiator to keep oil cool and thick.. lets say i wake up early morning and let the car heat up for a bit. once i put it in drive the car wont move. Now if i start the car, put the gear in drive and start moving it col the car works fine. Not until the engine warms up then the gears dont change. he engine just revs up and does not move foward.

My question is this, did my tranny totally mess up or is there just some kind of problem with a hose cooling the transmission fluid? or is the problem much more severe....

Old 07-11-2009, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Unlikely to be an overheating problem.

Any recent work on this car?

Have you checked transmission fluid level? If fluid is old, suggest draining and replacing w/ Honda ATF.

Does the D4 light blink? Even if not, check the trans control unit for codes. See following link for instructions: http://www.dhost.info/accordinfo/howto/cel.html

good luck

Old 07-13-2009, 10:16 AM
mike87
Unregistered

well actually i had sent the car for a tranny oil change along with the filter. but that was like a month ago. Nothing recent. I checked the engine compartment this weekend and i found a hose which all twisted up and pinched right under the radiator. Took the whole thing out and replaced the entire hose.Also the car used to heat up really FAST and that's when the tranny started to act up. But now that i changed the hose out all seems well so far. Something is also wrong with my speedometer, im doing 45 down a street then all of a sudden the little stick kicks to 80 and then goes back down to 0. Then im there wondering what speed im going. When this happens, if i bring my car to a complete stop if i try to accelerate again the gear wont kick in..Its as if i had put the car in neutral. that when i hated red lights!!..I think now that i changed the hose all of these problems are gone for now.. Gears change fine, no heating up. One problem though, when i took out the radiator i hit on of the aluminum pipes for the a/c and i think all the freon gas leaked. I dont know where exaclty, but can someone tell me how i can figure this out.

this car is a 97' honda accord special edition.

Last edited by mike87; 07-14-2009 at 12:46 PM.