General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Tranny Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Default Tranny Problem

Ok, My auto tranny is starting to get annoying. Like every 1/3 dead stops when my car goes to switch into 2nd gear it will slip into neutral for about a second. It's really starting to annoy me and worries me it may cause someone to hit me from behind if i cant accelerate fast enough because of the delay. I had my oil changed and the guy also changed my tranny fluid by using a machine that's like a vacuum to suck out the bad fluid. Didn't seem to help. Any idea why My car is doing this?

Old 10-04-2008, 06:12 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Tranny Problem

Oh No.....

You are not supposed to get your transmission fluid "flushed" out man It kills Honda AT transmissions. Was it doing it before the flush?

Old 10-04-2008, 06:13 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

And your generation of Accord is known for the POS transmissions. Falkores transmission died too. I think there is a 100k mile warranty, so if you have more than 100k, get rid of that Accord YESTERDAY.

Old 10-04-2008, 06:14 PM

It was doing that before I got it done. And I heard that it was a vacuum that sucks out the fluid not flushes it. Mine has 76k on it.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:06 PM

if you have only 76k then get it to the nearest honda dealership, and have them replace the tranny, its still under the 100k warranty

Old 10-06-2008, 08:06 AM

I checked my warrenty booklet and it doesn't say anything about a 100k tranny warrenty.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:18 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: Vipers4Life

I checked my warrenty booklet and it doesn't say anything about a 100k tranny warrenty.
Because there was a class action lawsuit against Honda after the car was built because trannies were dying left and right. It was like 'Nam man! Take it to Honda, tell them your tranny is teh dead and they will replace it for free or heavily discounted. If they don't, tell us and we'll all get together and beat them up... or give you more help.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:34 AM

LOL thanks man. But do you really think i should bring it back now? or should I let the tranny die some more. Right now its just the minor misshift into second. Ill drive it for a while and then see what happens. But do you think they would replace it with the same tranny or do they have a new tranny they put in?

Old 10-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Bring it in now. They would replace it with a rebuilt tranny that is the same type and add an external filter. The new tranny will come with a new warranty, so if it dies in a couple years, you get a fresh one.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:36 AM

Any idea on the cost of this? I only got 2.4g in the bank right now.

Quick Reply: Tranny Problem