General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

trans issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck

Almost there, take your time. Puase when you think you are done and re-think everything to be sure you got it all back together. Then crank the old fella up and see what you have.

Old 08-23-2014, 02:57 PM
Almost A Senior Member
Cool Taking time,

Will do, plus it is hot as h,,, here in east texas so i am working 15- 29- minutes and break for 12-20 min,,,sorry no backspace on this ol laptop , any way it is getting close thanks ill update in a few..

Old 08-31-2014, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

So did you give up on it?

Old 08-31-2014, 07:01 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Well H***, the trans i got from the pick and pull, the one i got for 1/2 price?? ummm it is no good and i aint too happy either, just dont have the coin to fix it now. Thanks for the concern tho, I work odd hrs so working a few hrs here and there, it will go in gear( drive) but has no reverse and make a loud ratcheting sound when it is reverse or park, and it has no reverse,any ideas on what is wrong??, anyone have a good used transmission for a 96 4 cylinder CHEAP. thanks poorman,,,,,,,,,,,,carry on soilder.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Well that flippin sucks....sorry I brought it up now.

Heck I think the one that was in there was doing better than the one that is in there now.

Strange noises in P & R and add the reverse doesn't work...wish I had a good, cheap trans for you but I don't. Hope you at least get your money back from the place you got it from.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:29 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Thanks for the concern/reply, I only paid $81.00 for it , so no big loss, other then wife has no car to drive, she is in my truck and i am on foot, good thing I work 4 miles away..lol. It will get fixed in HIS time. GOD will provide, Have a great day Poorman,

Old 08-31-2014, 06:04 PM

That sucks bad.... You probably should contact the yard they probably would give your money back. If you live near a large metropolitan area you might try craigslist around me there's always someone parting one of those years out.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Get another trans from the yard. They'll almost certainly give you another one for free. 94 - 97 auto transmissions are almost bulletproof...you ran into terrible luck getting a bad one.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:15 PM
Almost A Senior Member

thanks for the replies,,im off work tomm, so i am gonna start pulling it back out, should be much easier this time as all the tools and stuff i need are still laid out, and the bolt from hell is no longer there, had one galled threads and was a rea pita to remove, had to use a good 241 impact on it all the way to the last dam thread. I found a replacement for 350 bux,,anybody want to make a loan'?? sux being broke,

Old 09-14-2014, 11:25 AM
Almost A Senior Member

UPDATE,,,trans is still in the car,, we are driving it, just have to be careful where to park, is there a easy way to fix the no reverse? Could this be done at home on the bench/ front porch, dont laugh as this is all i have to work with, we did find a used trans on craigs list for 200 bux,,i talked him down to 100 bux ,,dude says his flexplate broke the center out and he thought his trans was bad, says his mount bolts on rear of trans were loose and thats why the center broke out but i am leary of his explanation, as i have never seen or heard of a broken flexplate on these accords,,on my old el camino i had one crack, i think he is trying to take me for a ride down the rip off road.. sorry for the long post, what do you guys think,,should i take a chance on this used trans,,i can get it for 50 bux,,says he wants it out of his way,,dunno,,,hate to pull it out and it is no good,,found another one local yard for 300 bux,,what would you do?? thanks

Quick Reply: trans issues