General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Transmission Control Unit

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Default RE: Transmission Control Unit

I also have had similar problems as above when I first bought my accord. I changed the tranny fluid and it got better. There was also a car alarm that was partially removed so I finished removing it.Today Istarted having problems again and it has been raining all day so I figure I might have bad ground issues. The spedometer is not working and after a couple minutes of driving the "S" light comes on flashing. Does this flashing "S" light mean something specific? I don't really want to take it to a mechanic for a code reading for $80 if I can just buy a "tcu" on ebay for $80. Is there a way I can read the code myself?

Old 05-20-2007, 04:00 PM

I also found that a couple minutes afterthe "S" light comes on flashing, the check engine light comes on. I also just put a new cv shaft in a couple days ago on the passenger side. when I put it in I didn't lock the shaft all the way into the tranny and drove about 2 miles and the shaft slipped out of the tranny. I towed the car back home and put the shaft in properly and everything seemed to beok until yesterday. Thetransmission seems to be shifting smooth and going into all the gears properly but the "S" light flashes on the dash, the check engine light comes on, the spedometer doesn't workor odometer for that matter, and the cruise does not work.

Old 05-20-2007, 11:04 PM

I was looking thruogh the forum and think I found what I needed. Sounds like it's the VSS.