General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Transmission line connection

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 01:50 PM
Default Transmission line connection

Thank you everyone in advance for reading and your input, so awesome to have help from strangers! Can you please tell me what I need to do to fix this missing tube? I moved my radiator around yesterday so this tube must have got disconnected and I lost power driving today after 5 miles so I think I just lost all the transmission fluid? Is it a transmission tube? I just need to get a tube and connect it back? I don’t know where it connects to. Again thank you!!

Old 04-27-2019, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

I'm trying to get my bearings on what I'm looking at.

But first, what kind of Accord are we talking about? (year/version/engine/etc...)

Old 04-28-2019, 01:32 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Matthew Lepadat

Thank you everyone in advance for reading and your input, so awesome to have help from strangers! Can you please tell me what I need to do to fix this missing tube? I moved my radiator around yesterday so this tube must have got disconnected and I lost power driving today after 5 miles so I think I just lost all the transmission fluid? Is it a transmission tube? I just need to get a tube and connect it back? I don’t know where it connects to. Again thank you!!
I'd look for a hose that's not connected coming off the bottom of the radiator. My guess is that either it's now become too short from you moving the rad around. Or the clamp and hose got pulled off while moving the rad around. You might get lucky and put it back together and install 3+ quarts of Honda ATF in it. Use ONLY Honda ATF, or you can have trouble with the trans (that is IF it's still ok).

Old 04-28-2019, 01:35 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by JimBlake
I'm trying to get my bearings on what I'm looking at.

But first, what kind of Accord are we talking about? (year/version/engine/etc...)
Jim, it looks like an 03 or newer Accord with a K-24 engine (intake manifold in front, engine on the right, trans on the left), going off his pics.

Old 04-28-2019, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Based on the approximate location of that transmission pipe (line), that is the line that feeds to the external ATF filter. The rubber hose is disconnected. If the hose from the radiator is not damaged and still there, it just need to be reconnected and secured with the hose clamp. Otherwise, a replacement hose and clamp is needed.

Old 04-28-2019, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Randomly picked 2005 4-door LX...?

The hoses for ATF are #12 & #14. In the parts drawings, I don't find a good picture how they connect to the transmission. A shop manual would have that...

I also see an open grommet in the air intake tube just before the throttle body. A sensor would go there, but that depends on the year/version. Is that actually an opening or is that plugged?

Old 04-29-2019, 05:58 PM

Thanks everyone but I still need help. Like many of you pointed out my hose was disconnected.
It looks like the transmission fluid cooling line came off. I put it back on. There is no leaks and I refilled the Transmission fluid. However, my car is still not getting any power. It’s like it’s in neutral when I put it in drive. Someone mentioned a sensor so I am looking into that.
Any other advice?

Thank you again!

Last edited by Matthew Lepadat; 04-30-2019 at 03:41 AM.
Old 04-29-2019, 06:25 PM

Exactly rights it is a 04 accord ex sedan with k24 engine automatic

Old 04-29-2019, 06:39 PM

Picture of hose reconeccted

Old 04-29-2019, 07:48 PM

Wow. Made a big mistake. I filled up my power steering fluid with my transmission fluid. What’s the best way to flush this out and fix it? Or did I just make a huge mistake?

Last edited by Matthew Lepadat; 04-29-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Transmission line connection