General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission line connection

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

The biggest mistake is that (presumably) you haven't filled the transmission fluid. Cross your fingers & hope the transmission isn't damaged from trying to drive.

You fill that through the transmission dipstick tube which is visible (yellow handle on the dipstick) towards the left side of the car (top right corner of the last photo).

Once you get it to show about right on the dipstick, drive to warm it up, then shut off the engine. Check the oil level on the dipstick with the engine/transmission warmed up but NOT running.

For the PS fluid, I'd drain the reservoir by disconnecting the lower hose. Then refill with Honda PS fluid. Run down the driveway or someplace just far enough to turn the steering lock-to-lock a couple times. Then drain & fill again. Repeat a couple more times to dilute most of the ATF out of the PS system. (That's based on my guess that the ATF isn't horribly wrong. Maybe someone knows better about that.)

Old 04-29-2019, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

About the engine oil (post #11): Check that with the engine-oil dipstick - orange handle on top of the valve cover. If needed, add oil into the oil cap on the valve cover.

Old 04-29-2019, 09:29 PM

So yes I accidentally filled my PS with ATF, leaving my transition fluid Empty and the car running for 20 minutes (Idiot)

I did not press the gas much at all but how likely did I cause damage by running the car without ATF for 20 minutes?

After finally realizing my mistake and filling up the ATF, the car did get its power back and I was able to drive it. I drove minimally and slow and the car feels pretty normal, however, if I hit the gas hard it hesitates and doesn’t give torque like it used to and the engine revs before it catches on and accelerates. Ideas?

There was two erroor codes that read “Shift Solenoid B Performance Stuck Off P0756” . The other was PO722 Output Shaft Speed Sensor Circuit No Signal. hope with the ATF back in it will stay off.

Thanks again everyone x100 and JimBlake.

Last edited by Matthew Lepadat; 04-30-2019 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Redundancy and new information
Old 04-30-2019, 01:45 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Matthew Lepadat
So yes I accidentally filled my PS with ATF, leaving my transition fluid Empty and the car running for 20 minutes (Idiot)

I did not press the gas much at all but how likely did I cause damage by running the car without ATF for 20 minutes?

After finally realizing my mistake and filling up the ATF, the car did get its power back and I was able to drive it. I drove minimally and slow and the car feels pretty normal, however, if I hit the gas hard it hesitates and doesn’t give torque like it used to and the engine revs before it catches on and accelerates. Ideas?

There was two erroor codes that read “Shift Solenoid B Performance Stuck Off P0756” . The other was PO722 Output Shaft Speed Sensor Circuit No Signal. hope with the ATF back in it will stay off.

Thanks again everyone x100 and JimBlake.
Now that you've ran it, and cycled the trans thru the gears, double check the fluid level, as you might be down a little still.