General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trunk wont lock?...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Default Trunk wont lock?...

Hello everyone at HAF, This is my first post and im fairly new to this...

I bought a car that was test drivin pretty hard and the Engine and Transmission from what the mechanic said while we were driving everything sounded good. He took a look over the car and there were no major issues, just minor ones. so i bought it. This is my story.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, move if necessary...

So i have a few issues and a few questions, i'll put some of the problems in this post as i still have to look over more detailed other minor issues...

So first i have a few pictures of my trunk. The latch wont completely lock, When i shut it, it shuts all the way, but if i look from inside the trunk, it looks as if the trunk should still close another 1/2 inch or so, but it doesn't. I have some pictures to show...

Second, The car has some Major Major rust, At first i looked at it and it looked like some fiberglass resin and alot of bondo would do the job, but after taking these pictures, there seems to be alot of metal torn off... Any hints on what i should to would be great, I want a half decent look but i dont want to spend 1000$ on fixing this wheel well. Any good tips would be great.

Also i have an oil burning smell coming from the engine, Its a weird smell and its not too strong, And you cant smell it until the hood is open after the engine is warmed up, I was told it was probably the head gasket, Which i believe is made of metal? I just need to figure out if that makes sense and also, how can i find out what type of engine i have? Because i bought it used from a private seller i was told it was an lx, but how do i know forsure it's a 2.2L engine? and if its V-Tek or not?

Thanks everyone for reading,

Louis

Attached Thumbnails Trunk wont lock?...-imag0245.jpg   Trunk wont lock?...-imag0247.jpg   Trunk wont lock?...-imag0248.jpg   Trunk wont lock?...-imag0249.jpg  
Old 08-14-2011, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator

For the burning smell, you will have to figure out what is leaking. Check your oil level, coolant level, brake fluid level, and power steering. For the coolant, remove the radiator cap when the engine is cold to see if the radiator is filled up.

If your car has a sun roof, it is an EX. The LX and DX did not have a sun roof. The valve cover on an EX engine will say honda vtec. The LX and DX will say Honda 16 valve engine.

That rust on the wheel wells is common on those accords. Mine had bad rusting there too. There is a site called rixmyrust.com that sells panels that can replace the rusted part. The original metal will have to be cut accordingly, then the new panels welded in. Then you would have to primer then replace.

That rear panel is one big piece, so you would have a lot of work to replace the entire panel. I had found panels at a junkyard that were in perfect shape. I just don't know how to weld and decided not to worry about it.