General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn signal issue with new headlight housings

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 09:14 PM
Default Turn signal issue with new headlight housings

I just picked up some aftermarket headlight housings on eBay for $85 for my 03 accord 6-6. They're just the standard housings, nothing fancy. The housings came with bulbs. When I installed them today, I kept my own higher quality bulbs, except I decided to use the new turn signal bulbs that came in the housings (my old ones were a bit off-color).

When I was driving tonight, I noticed my blinkers were blinking fast. I was praying I had burned out a rear light lol. Turns out, the turn signal bulbs in the front aren't operating properly. With the headlights on, the turn signal bulbs are brightly lit. Then when I hit the turn signal, they very faintly blink. The bulbs are already so brightly lit, its almost impossible to see the blinking. The odd thing is, this only happens with the turn signal. My hazards operate normally. Any idea whats going on? Are these the wrong bulbs? I'd have just checked myself real quick, but it's a PITA to get the turn signal bulbs out without taking the front end apart again.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator

I think that you can change the turn signal bulb by removing the plastic fender liner.

Do those bulbs have two filaments? Is it even possible to get the bulb installed backwards?

I would start with by installing the original bulb just to eliminate the new bulbs. Check to make sure that you didn't pinch any wiring while you are in there.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
I think that you can change the turn signal bulb by removing the plastic fender liner.

Do those bulbs have two filaments? Is it even possible to get the bulb installed backwards?

I would start with by installing the original bulb just to eliminate the new bulbs. Check to make sure that you didn't pinch any wiring while you are in there.
yeah, that's how you have to get to the bulbs, and its a real pain. Maybe its just hard for me cause I got big hands.

I don't know if it has two filaments. I guess I'm stuck just swapping them out, so I'll find out soon. The bulbs can't be installed backwards to my knowledge.