Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Problem... headlight bulb housings won't budge

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Problem... headlight bulb housings won't budge

So I went and bought my mom some replacement low beam bulbs expecting to come home and replace the bulbs in 5 minutes, easy fix like in my Maxima and my uncles Acura, and the most cars out there. So I start on the passenger side first, easy come, easy go. I go over the the driver's side is crowded by the intake assembly, battery, coolant reservoir, etc. I went to do the same thing as on the passenger side only to not being able to even turn the latch. I tried over and over to push in a counter clockwise motion and still nothing. It's very frustrating and I feel stupid because an easy fix turned into something complex. There's no room to remove the screws either even though I read that you don't even need to remove them, it should just unlatch and you pull it out. Someone help me please. It looks like I would have to start pulling stuff out JUST TO CHANGE A LIGHTBULB and that's ridiculous.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I'm bout to try a hammer to loosen it up... someone stop me if this is a bad idea lol.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

don't use a hammer, use pliers to gain leverage to make the turn.

if necessary, just remove the intake housing to gain more room. it's not uncommon for that to be in the way on the driver's side.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:35 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
don't use a hammer, use pliers to gain leverage to make the turn.

if necessary, just remove the intake housing to gain more room. it's not uncommon for that to be in the way on the driver's side.
Yeah it was totally in the way plus it was so hard to take out. I actually tried using the end of the hammer and tried to pull it loose. It worked. I just don't understand why it was in there so tight. and apparently some water got into my mom's driver side headlamp... so i'll have to find time to pull it off and see if i can get the water out.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator

FYI - you remove the bumper to remove the headlight.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:28 PM

ya, for the hid lights it should be like a 10 min thing. good luck with the headlights.