General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vss bad after head gasket replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 09:05 AM
Default Vss bad after head gasket replacement

Hey guys. I have a 95 accord ex with an automatic tranny in it. About two months ago it blew the head gasket. After buying the parts and getting offices the mechanic called me and told me it was finished. He asked me if it had any idling problems before the head gasket blew which it didn't. Anyway I went and picked up my car and as soon as I started it I knew it wasn't right. It idled up to 2500 rpm and it finally settled on about 1200 when it warmed up. As I drove it down the road I noticed my speedometer didn't work and the tranny just didn't seem to shift the way it had before. I called the guy and he told me to drive it awhile and see if it didn't straighten itself out. After getting it home I jumped on the Internet and read up on some forums and everything my car was doing pointed to the vss being bad ( no speedo, no cruise control, and the tranny shifting weird). I took it to a different mechanic who replaced the vss and it's still showing a cel code and the d4 light is still blinking. It's still surging when it sits and idles and when you drive it and let off the gas it surges real bad to the point of having to ride the brakes to keep it from picking up speed. I'm sorry for such a long post but I figured I need to give y'all all the info that I could. If anybody has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and god bless.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Check the codes. That info is in the first two posts of the gen tech help forum.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Then also please check the throttle and throttle control cables for proper adjustment and movement.