General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vtech?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 07:42 PM
wangin crx
Unregistered
Default vtech?

I have a 94 honda accord ex w/ vtec 2.2, the problem is, I cant feel the vtec kick on. Is there a way to test it or something? I have a dmm and all kinds of tools, I just dont know how to test it. any help would be great, thanks

Old 04-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Administrator
Default RE: vtech?

hmmmm...do you have high mileage? i would think that if you do, and the engine is getting a bit tired, youre less likely to be able to feel anything.

Old 04-15-2005, 12:18 AM

It will not engage until the car is nice and warmed up. Then you might have become immune to it, for this is not a common problem. Go drive a different car then come back to your honda and you will most likely feel it all come back to you.

Old 04-27-2005, 10:03 PM

How do you know the vTech kicks in???

what do you mean?? the way to test it -> connect the car to a computer and drive it on highway monitoring the V-Tech Pressure Switch-

If you saying you can feel it - could you please explain to me what does V-Tech do at all?? do you understand how it works?

The problem you're probably experiencing is Transmission problem and not the V-Tech

and the main question is.... why is that a problem?

Old 04-29-2005, 04:30 PM

VTech = 900mhz cordless phone [&:]
VTEC = Variable Valve Timing

I agree your likely immune to it, and high mileage doesn't help.

Old 04-29-2005, 07:14 PM

yes i got the V-Tech phone too!!

you're talking about variable valve timing - i'm not sure you know exactly what it does or how it works

Old 04-29-2005, 07:21 PM
Administrator

i know what VTEC does...i dont know what a vtech is....are you debating the fact that you can feel a difference in the pull of the car as you the VTEC adjusts the timing at higher rpms?

Old 04-29-2005, 07:30 PM

yes exactly right, I'm debating that it's not the problem - read the first post the guy said he cant feel the Vtec kick in
you cant feel that, and you're not suppose to feel it - it's not a turbine

VTEC doesnt actually differs the timing its increasing the oil pressure

Old 04-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Administrator

..i know it isnt a turbine...but the fact of the matter is that once you enter the powerband, which is controlled and altered by the ytec system, you can feel the increase in performance...which is why my buddies S2000 doesnt seem like much until it hits about 3500rpm..and i believe that in the S2000, the powerband is very high...

anyway....if someone cant feel a point in the acceleration of the car where it really gets into the powerband, theyre either immune to it, or they know less about cars than you claim...on cars with work done to them, the engine just has a different sound to it once it has reached its peak...

Old 04-29-2005, 08:07 PM

what do you mean the cars with work done to them ? not sure what do you mean immune to that?

yes different sound i agree

Quick Reply: vtech?