General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Water is spilling under the glovebox and into the car?!

Old 07-15-2007, 06:23 PM
tmoney2514
Unregistered
Default Water is spilling under the glovebox and into the car?!

I just drove about 3,000 miles in the last ten days, from the middle of WA state to LA, Las Vegas and then back home. The air conditioner was on the whole trip and I had no problem with it or the car until about 250 miles from home. When I came to a stop and then accelerated and turned, water started pouring onto my floormat from under the glovebox. Also, when I turned, it made an odd sound, as if water was hitting a fan or something and then pouring out onto the floormat. This happened to me once before last year in the summer. Is this normal?, because by the time I got home, the floormat was drenched with cold water. I drove about 8 hours that day and had the a/c on the whole time, so I dont know the prolonged use of the a/c would build up that much condensation and drip it into the car. This just doesn't quite seem right to me, is there maybe anything wrong with my car?

97 accord SE 4-cyl. Non-vtech. 145K.

Old 07-15-2007, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Water is spilling under the glovebox and into the car?!

the condensation drain of the evaporatoris plugged up.
Quick fix is to find the drain hose on the passenger side of the engine compartment near the rear subframe and blas some compressed air into it;
however that will clear the drain for a while, untill all the junkworks back down and plugs it up again.
Best fix is to have the A/C evacuated and the evap core removed and cleaned out.