General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Weird Electrical Problems '07 Accord VP

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Default Weird Electrical Problems '07 Accord VP

I'm having weird electrical problems with my accord. They started occurring about 2 weeks ago after a rain shower. That evening, I shut my car off with and still had the intermittent wiper still on. They next morning when I started up, the car started acting weird. Only low beam headlights work, A/C stopped blowing cold air, keyless entry stopped working, wipers only work on high, passenger rear window stopped working from the window control switch on the driver's door, but still works from the switch on the rear passenger door. Here is the kicker, when I press the passenger rear window control switch that does not work for the rear passenger window, it actually makes the the other components that stopped working work. Now, when I need to use the turn signals or a blast of cold air from the A/C, I have to press the passenger rear window switch. I used a multimeter to check all the fuses and they all tested good. Any ideas?

Old 09-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Start with the basics. I would disconnect the battery. Then clean all ends of both battery cables with a wire brush or some sand paper. Clean the battery terminals and battery posts.

The next thing I would do after ensuring you have good electrical connections is stop by an autoparts store. Have them test your battery and alternator.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:02 AM

Thanks for the response PAhonda. I took it to the auto parts store, got the electrical system checked and the battery was bad. Replaced battery and cleaned both battery cables. I took car back and got electrical system tested again. Everything tested good. Problems still occurring....

Old 09-11-2012, 09:12 PM

Any other ideas guys? I removed and cleaned the ground wire, checked all the fuses, and took the car to the dealership where they said the problem was the under the hood fuse box. I purchased a replacement fuse box and installed it tonight, but still having the same problems... :-(

Old 09-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

I would suspect the driver' side under-dash fuse box, as the multiplex integrated control unit (MICU) is part of that fuse box instead of the under-hood fuse box. Did the dealer write down that they thought it was the under-hood fuse box?

Old 09-17-2012, 07:49 AM

You were right, i went back and reread the receipt and it was the under dash fuse box. I must have misheard him or he misspoke. I ordered a replacement from ebay and installed it this weekend but im still having the same issues...could it be the driver door window switch? Any other ideas?