General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well I messed this up..

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Default Well I messed this up..

Got my head back from the machine shop and then proceeded to put everything back together, I marred and stripped and intake manifold stud, what should I do now?

Old 05-30-2012, 11:12 AM

NO ONE HAS AN ANSWER... REALLY?? This is frustrating...

Old 05-30-2012, 11:20 AM

Is this in the wrong place?

Old 05-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Use vise grips to get it out and get a new one from your local Honda dealer.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

It may help to heat up where the stud is screwed in with a propane torch first.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GoneHonda
NO ONE HAS AN ANSWER... REALLY?? This is frustrating...

what do you expect for free information, someone at the immediate standby to help every guy that shouldn't be picking up wrenches?

Old 05-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Dr. Drivability
what do you expect for free information, someone at the immediate standby to help every guy that shouldn't be picking up wrenches?

GoneHonda seems to be a pretty cool member so I didn't give him any 'heck' but yea - most people expect do expect just that.

He also posted his original thread in the DYI section where new questions are not allowed.

GH - can you get 2 nuts on the stripped stud or not? 2 nuts is the prefered way of getting studs out.

Vice grips are not the best way but will work most of the time.

I am guessing you do not have a Mig welder around? If you do weld a nut onto the end of the stud and use a wrench to remove it.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:43 PM

Well I try to participate, as much as possible. If you look at how many posts vs how long ago I signed up I think that I am as active as anyone else on here, I typed that after there had been 8 views on the post, no one answered and I was pissed after 2 weeks at the machine shop I get the car almost all the way back together and then this happens.. So Sorry that I asked in the wrong spot, but I still had no answer after 8 people viewed it, I knew it was a simple-ish task and know about using 2 nuts together to get it out and vise grips I guess I was hoping someone was going to remind me of those sooner, I ran out of daylight so I had to quit for the night. I guess I will see if I can find a new head stud in town.
Thank you for all your help. well all except the DR.. JK Although I think that your jump to assume that I shouldn't be picking up wrenches is a bit, ignorant. But to each his own. I was really hoping that this forum was going to be different then the other ones out there, and it started to look like it, but when people spout nonsense like that its really sh*tty. But thanks for your .02, really if you want to participate in a conversation have some useful info, not III Reich regiments.

Last edited by GoneHonda; 05-30-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by crispin

GH - can you get 2 nuts on the stripped stud or not? 2 nuts is the prefered way of getting studs out.

Im going to try this tonight, I really wanted to get this thing done, but I know that I shouldn't rush it bc then dumb mistakes are made.. like stripping a head stud for instance..

Old 05-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

I would call your Honda dealership ASAP, they should be able to get a new one next day if you catch them before they close today. And it should cost like $3 or so.

Quick Reply: Well I messed this up..