General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is this part called?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 06:39 PM
Default What is this part called?

Hello,

While trying to replace the slave cylinder on my 2001 Accord EX 4 cyl, I broke the connector that connects the hose and the slave cylinder (see pic).

I can't find it anywhere. Any one know what this is called and if it can be ordered from somewhere? Thanks folks.

Attached Thumbnails What is this part called?-capture.png  
Old 03-19-2016, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

Not sure how you broke that?

There is a roll pin holding that fitting into the slave, it has to be driven out using a punch.

At this point I'd go a few different ways.

Bolt the slave back to the trans. Drive out the roll pin. Inspect the fitting to see if it is truly damaged or just needs a new o-ring at the bottom where it "seats" into the slave.

Or

Use two line wrenches and unscrew the line from the fitting. Then put the slave into a vise or something and then drive out the roll pin. Again from there inspect the fitting to see what is actually going on.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

I got bored.....and tried my hand a MS Paint.

Yellow is where the roll pin is at. To drive it out while still in there, again you will need to bolt the slave back to the trans or you will bend the line to it.

Or

use a line wrench on both the red and blue "arrow" hex fittings and unscrew the "red arrow" nut from the "blue arrow" fitting...it all of that makes sense

Attached Thumbnails What is this part called?-6th-gen-slave.jpg  
Old 03-19-2016, 07:35 PM

Yes, it makes perfect sense. Except that I took the pin out first. The fitting was still stuck to the old slave cylinder. When I applied a little force, it broke towards the bottom and there's a small piece still lodged in the old slave cylinder.

See attached. I took it to the dealer - they didn't know the part either and advised that even though it was a small piece broken, I should replace it with a new one.

Attached Thumbnails What is this part called?-image1.jpeg  

Last edited by jainaashish; 03-19-2016 at 07:51 PM. Reason: attach picture
Old 03-20-2016, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

I didn't see that fitting/part listed with a part number when I looked at one of the online honda dealers websites.

You could try a local bone yard and see if they have an Accord with manual trans and get the whole slave/fitting/line off of it. I'd just cut the line/tubing a few inches up from the slave and then unbolt the whole thing.

Old 11-06-2022, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by jainaashish
Yes, it makes perfect sense. Except that I took the pin out first. The fitting was still stuck to the old slave cylinder. When I applied a little force, it broke towards the bottom and there's a small piece still lodged in the old slave cylinder.

See attached. I took it to the dealer - they didn't know the part either and advised that even though it was a small piece broken, I should replace it with a new one.
I just did the same thing yesterday. Gonna have to go to a junk yard. It's the dumbest design I've ever seen.