General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to buy parts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 09:55 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Where to buy parts?

I need to buy a new catalytic converter. Can anyone recommend where I buy one? There are some online sites that claim to sell Honda parts with the same part number my dealer quoted me on, also backed by a Honda warranty, and they are considerably cheaper than my local dealership. One of them is Majestic Honda - The Internet's #1 Honda Automotive Parts Store.

Are these places legit? Where do you all usually buy your parts?

Old 11-12-2014, 10:26 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Most of the time if they're selling Honda parts backed by a Honda warranty it's because it's a Honda dealership selling their parts online so yes they would be legit.

Sometimes on places like eBay though you find sellers who don't appear to be affiliated with a dealership selling genuine Honda parts. I just don't buy from them because it's risky to me. But there are some sellers on eBay who are actually affiliated with Honda dealerships who I will buy from like Keenan Honda.

So what you do is if you find a seller on eBay or you find a website that sells Honda parts google their name and do some research to see if they're affiliated with a dealership. For Majestic Honda if look at the bottom left of the page:
Majestic Honda, Route 146
If you google that you'll see that they are indeed a dealership.

I buy all of my parts and fluids online from Bernardi Honda. It's more convenient for me since prices are better than my local dealership. My local dealership is insane charging $12.00 for a single bottle of PS fluid when Bernardi is around $4.00. One time I called them to check a price on a part I needed and they were charging around $90.00 when Bernardi had it for around $55.00, yeah no thanks I'll go with Bernardi.

Also keep in mind that the one year Honda parts warranty is according to them, good everywhere. So as long as you have an invoice proving you bought it from a dealership online you can bring a defective part to any Honda dealership and they'll honor it.

Last edited by MessAround; 11-12-2014 at 10:36 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:41 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Thank you for the quick response. I'll definitely look the place up you mentioned as well. It's a catalytic converter that's needed, and the dealer is anywhere between $100-200 more than some of these online places.

Thanks again.

Old 11-13-2014, 06:55 AM

I have used majestic and will confirm they are legit. Dealerships normally go for high margins on their parts because they can. Majestic takes the volume approach and sells at slim margins with lots of volume. They are a Honda OEM dealer, so therefore they can back their parts with a Honda warranty, a warranty that you can redeem at any Honda dealer.

A good aftermarket retailer is rockauto.com They have really good prices on non-OEM parts. I have used them also. Some have said they sometimes send the wrong part, but I have had good luck with them.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:48 AM

majestic is legit nice to deal with. You didnt say what year you had make sure its still not under warranty. I think a lot of the newer accords that are PZEV have 150k mile warranty on the exhaust system. If you looking for a aftermarket try rockauto, amazon, advance auto ( look for a $50 off $100 coupon ) .

Old 11-13-2014, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

I've bought from Majestic as well, & they are a dealer.

For small parts, shipping charges make up for the lower prices, so it doesn't make sense unless you're buying something pricey. Like a catalytic converter...