General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Honda will turn over but not start.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Exclamation My Honda will turn over but not start.

Hello all. My Honda wont start now not sure why. It always starts right up. The engine turns over but, wont turn on.

Any Ideas?

Old 11-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Tell us the year/model/transmission accord you own.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Newest Of Newbies

1993 Honda EX coup. It is now in the shop,

Old 11-12-2014, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Steadyone
Hello all. My Honda wont start now not sure why. It always starts right up. The engine turns over but, wont turn on.

Any Ideas?
Ya. It's broke. You can't just post that your car won't start and think your going to find an answer to your problem. There's many many things that could be wrong for your car not to start. You need to get your hands dirty first so you can narrow down the problem. I have yet to run across any member on any forum that had psychic powers to tell someone why there engine won't run when given no other info other then it won't start.

Old 11-13-2014, 06:12 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I find this forum to be so rude. I was asking for help to possibly narrow down the problem. Sorry for wasting your time.

Last edited by Steadyone; 11-13-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Old 11-13-2014, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Nobody posted, because you took your car to a shop. When the starter spins the engine and the engine will not fire up, you need to determine if spark, fuel, or timing/compression is missing.

Doing some basic tests like listening for the fuel pump to prime, checking codes (that is why I asked for your year), and testing for spark are the first things I would suggest.

Since you took the vehicle to a mechanic, what did they determine as the problem?

Old 11-13-2014, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Steadyone
I find this forum to be so rude. I was asking for help to possibly narrow down the problem. Sorry for wasting your time.
I'm not being rude. I'm just giving some good advice so you can understand how to get better help on a forum. The more info you give, the better we can help. The reason it won't start could be it's not getting fuel. There is dozens of reasons why it's not getting fuel. It may not start do to no spark. There is dozens of reasons for that to. If you want advice on how to fix a problem, then you need to do some diagnosis work yourself so you can at least give us some info so we have some idea about what advice we could give.