General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will i be able to bend the fender back into place?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 04:29 PM
Default Will i be able to bend the fender back into place?

So a couple of weeks ago it snowed and i wasn't driving carefully enough and slid into a truck going about 5mph. It hit on the left headlight side and bent my fender in and broke the front bumper brackets. So my question is, will i be able to bend the fender back into place and put the bumper back in the slot or is this an expensive fix? Also, my headlight faces down more and it is noticable in the dark. Heres a pic of the damage.
IT is bent in right by the orange light

Last edited by emilk93; 01-31-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:03 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I would unscrew all the screws / clips that hold the bumper to the fender - get some washers put the washers on the screws and retighten. That should pull your bumper closer to the fender and make it look much better.
Look behind or above the headlight, there are adjustment screws to raise or lower it, see if they work at all. Most likely you have broken the tabs that hold the light to the adjustment rails.
If so and you still really want to adjust the light you will need to remove the bumper (not as hard as it sounds) and glue / JB Weld the light back to the tabs or make some type of bracket to get the headlight aimed correctly.

I do not think you should try to remove the bend from the fender yourself as you may (most likely) will crease the fender which will look much worse than the slight bend you have now.

YMMV