General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Window, Engine, and Audio Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Default Window, Engine, and Audio Questions

Hello, and thank you for helping me.

1.) My driver side window, although still sounds like it is operating does not roll the window up or down. It just makes a grinding noise, and the window will not shut, or sometimes it falls about halfway into the door. I ordered a new window regulator off of ebay, and I plan on doing the work myself. What can I do to prolong the life of my electric windows? I have heard that the track need to be occasionally greased and they will last forever. If so, what kind of grease or lubricant do I need? Or point me in another direction.

2.) I plan on upgrading my sound system inside the car, but one problem I've noticed is that I am able to hear the music outside the car with doors closed. I am wondering if there is any kind of sound dampening insulation or any kind of solution to keeping the sound inside the vehicle? This would probably help with road noise as well. This isn't really a problem for me as it is a nuisance for other people. I like loud music, but my music should not interfere with other people, and even on a normal volume you can still hear the music outside the car.

3.) My engine heat needle thing on my dash never goes to normal operating temperature. It is always too low. I have NEVER seen it above 2/3 between off and the middle mark. My heat is lukewarm at best on full blast. I have noticed a few other people have similar problems, but they claim their engine reaches normal operating temperature.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Window, Engine, and Audio Questions

The dealer sells "Shinitsu" silicone grease for the window run channel.
At every oil service clean out the run channel with a rag on a screwdriver end; then use a small screwdriver to smear the silicone grease into the sides of the run channel, run the window up and down a few times.

You might have a Thermostat stuck open. The upper radiator hose should not get warm until the T-stat opens, and the gauge shows 1/3 temp,usually 4-5 mins at idle, after a cold start.

I'm not a custom stereo guy soI have no answer for your stereo noise ordeal

Old 03-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: hondadude

You might have a Thermostat stuck open. The upper radiator hose should not get warm until the T-stat opens, and the gauge shows 1/3 temp,usually 4-5 mins at idle, after a cold start.

the upper radiator hose will get hot pretty fast,, it is the LOWER hose that will not get hot till after the t-stat opens.. On 96 acc t-stat is located at the end of the lower hose

Old 03-02-2007, 12:19 AM

Dynamat and lots of it!!

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-kNMgAzw...amp;I=15410435

This stuff is pricey but it does work. I have 3 layers on each of my front doors and theyre a whole lot more solid than when it rolled out of Ohio!

Just buy as much as you can afford and do the doors first. Then if you feel really good, pull out the interior and line the floor!

Old 03-02-2007, 04:39 PM

Oh cool! I didn't know such a thing existed!

When you installed it did you have to cut the foam to the door shape? How easy is installation?