General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

window and lock?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Default window and lock?

I have seen many threads dealing with the buzzing door lock (which i have on the drivers side, have yet to see a drawing that makes any sense to me sorry? How do i get the accuator off and out, is it on the jam side or is it the deck of cards sized deal inset at the front? Passenger window not working, have cleaned connections and it has power window is up and if i push switch to raise the window i can hear the motor try though it is at the top,makes no sound when i try the switch down. my question is how do i get the window down so i can get to the bolts. I don't want to break it. Have both door panels off just not sure what to remove or how, please help. Also the right hand track on the pass door has no rubber glide in it at all. PLEASe help thank you. Pleas direct me to a better diagram or more detailed instructions...

Old 05-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: window and lock?

unplug the 2 pin connector at the motor, use jumper wires to REVERSE the connector.
now 'up' will be 'down'.
To remove the door lock actuator, find the 3 #1 phillips screws, [one is close to the inside sheet metal] unplug it; note how it catches into the latch rod, then yank it out.
Open it up and see if the spring support tab has broken off. If that is the problem yu can shim it back in place with a small sheet metal supportand glue it in place with 3M trim adhesive.