General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window seals

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Milo99
Unregistered
Default Window seals

Hi, please can anyone advise me on this...I recently bought a 2003 Honda Accord 2.0 VTEC Sport. Brilliant car...but I've come across something that's ****ling me. With every other car I've ever had, if I want to clear raindrops/mist etc. from the outside of the side windows I can usually just open and close them, and the window seal will wipe them clean. However, my Accord doesn't do that...opening/closing the side windows does not wipe off whatever's on the outside..as if the seal isn't coming into contact with the window. They go down full of raindrops..and come back up full of raindrops,I can't wipe them clean from inside the car, which is frustrating sometimes, especially when I was just getting used to the fact that I have no way of clearing the back window either (no windscreen wiper). It's the same with all 4 side windows (front and rear driver and passenger side windows). It's also now started me worrying thatthe lack of a seal could also mean that any rainwater (or car wash water!) is going to go down into the inside of my doors. Is this normal for the Accord? Or do I have some faulty door seals? Have I got anything to worry about? I don't know anyone else that has an Accord to check with.

Many thanks
Milo

Old 03-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Default RE: Window seals

welcome to the forum! I believe my window seals have a small gap as well, most doors are equipped with little drain holes in the bottom to let out any water that potentially collects in them so I wouldn't worry about that... I think that replacing the seals would fix the issue or perhaps you could just roll down the windows on a hot day and tape the inner seal to the outer seal so they kind of "bend" back in closer to the glass, that may help....