General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Stuck Down

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 07:43 PM
Default Window Stuck Down

I've a '96 Accord DX. Rolled down the window to badge the gate mechanism at work and when I tried to roll the window up, it went CLUNK and the window stayed down, and the handle spins free. I cant afford parts and want to raise the window to the closed position and lock it there. How do I remove the inner door panel for access?

Old 01-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

removing the inner panel is fairly easy. look for screws (door handle/pocket, window controls pop out, etc.). most of the lower panel is held with clips. you'll need to remove the window crank too - there is a horseshoe clip holding it on, if you take your time with a pair of flat screw drivers you can get it off (don't lose it).
once the panel is free, lift up. you can start by popping the lower panel and look for resistance (i.e. screws). if you can't find the screws to remove the panel, you probably don't have the ability to fix the window. if that's the case, buy someone who can a sixer.

then you can manually move the window up and see what popped off. may just be a quick fix, may require parts. usually, you can get it pushed up then use a heavy duty zip tie or picture hanging wire to strap it up - usually there is something that you can tie to. you'll have to get in there and be creative.

i fixed a window on an Alero using a heavy duty zip tie. dude just left it there for two years, sold the car with it. window never leaked (or moved).

Old 01-22-2010, 06:42 AM
Thumbs up I'll give it a shot

Keep Hope Alive-Thanks a HEAP! Its raining here in the desert and this will help fill up my weekend. Nice avatar, by the way. JR