General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windows randomly wont work

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Default Windows randomly wont work

Greetings
I just got my 03 accord ex v6. First question is it seams like the door lock button is reversed. I push down to unlock and vice versa. Is this normal?

Second question is my windows will randomly not work. No, its not the lock out button. One or both will not roll down. There seams to be no rhyme or reason to it either. If i shut the car off and turn it back doesnt seam to "reset" it. I alsohave the express up and down feature.The manual says there is a safty feature that will stop the window from rolling up automaticallyonsomeones arm. But upon testing with a water bottle it completly crushed the bottle. Very scarry.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Old 01-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Default RE: Windows randomly wont work

an empty water bottle may not be enough force, try using a book or something solid.

also, any intermittent problem like that tends to be either a switch or wiring. check the connector between the body and door on each side. make sure it's connected and tight.

finally, the door lock switch being reverse..that's odd. sounds like a body shop messed up?

Old 01-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Default RE: Windows randomly wont work

Oh, no. This water bottle was full and it got CRUSHED!

I was thinking the switches might be bad, but it seemed odd that both the driver and passenger doorsswitcheswont work (three total, 2 on drivers door, one on passenger.) As for the door lock reversal it seems that the connector plug should only be able to go in one way as to prevent such as issue.

I guessIm going to have toopen the door and get a look, but aside from checking that the connections right and tight im clueless as to what to fix.

Its very irritating to pullup to a drive through window and spend 5 minutes jamming on the window switch.