General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winshield Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Default Winshield Wipers

This isn't a problem but I recently noticed (after having the car for a year....) that when my car idles, the wipers slow way down. I thought this was the most interesting thing I had ever seen. Is this unique to certain cars? I have never seen that before. Anyhow, thanks for reading.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Winshield Wipers

ive never had that happen, but I have a different generation accord. I would say start the car, let it idle for awile, then turn on the wipers and check the voltage across the battery and by the wiper terminals. It should be about 14.5v. If your getting what your supposed to at the wiper terminals, (not sure what it is, I assume 14.5 volts as well but not 100% sure). If their both OK, im at a loss.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:43 PM

does it happen every time at idle?

Old 01-20-2008, 01:31 AM

yeah.. and when you speed up they speed up?? I think it's a setting on your wipers... Other day when I was going 65+ wipers were going nuts, when I slowed down so did they.. happens all the time. Just move it down another notch on the wiper arm.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:12 AM

Yeah the first setting (the one that you can change the speed by rotating or whatnot, can't think of the setting name) slows down on the newer accords... It's pretty cool I think, but at the same time it makes it hard to adjust your wiper speed in light rain driving through the city... it's supposed to keep it from *thwack thwack* when the rain isn't hitting your shield as hard.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:55 AM

I dont have a problem with it, I find it pretty useful actually. It keeps my wipers from going nuts at the stoplights... I change my wipers like I change my underwear because it gets so violent at high speeds and in S.E. Louisiana it never stops raining...I just thought I'd share this tidbit with my fellow Accord owners.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:55 PM

6th gen accords have speed "sensing" wipers on the intermittant setting (Spaz, there's your term).

Brittany: If you change your blades that often, I'd recommend that you get a pair of Silblade Flexblades. I had them on my accord and they work great after a month or so (they chatter a little in light rain at first, but it goes away after a few uses). These are the only blades that I've seen with a 5 year warantee.

https://secure.eventurestudio.com/ww...-com/index.cfm

Old 01-21-2008, 04:33 PM

Thanks a bunch. I saw that you posted that on another topic. I'll be sure to look into them next time I replace my wipers.... I assume they sell them at the auto parts store and not just online.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:50 AM

nope .... I've never seen them in a store. Bosch and Valeo make similar types that are sold in stores, but they don't have the warrantee and the Valeo's are garbage. I video taped the extreme chatter that they made during a noreaster storm and got them to refund my money. A friend had the Bosch's and they worked about the same as the Silblades, but the blade rubber was thinner and it also doesn't carry a 5 year warrantee ..... and it cost about the same price.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:04 PM

Bosch is good. I now use Michellin and it is doing a fine job.

Quick Reply: Winshield Wipers