General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winshield Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Default RE: Winshield Wipers

I just put a set of Neo Form blades (from Napa) on my wife's lexus. It's got a pretty extreme curve to the windshield and those blades hold to it and clear rain EXTREMELY well... I don't know how long they last but I know the guy who sold them to me and he's had his for about a year and a half and says they still work great... As for water removing ability they are by far the best blades I've ever had.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:23 AM
PaperClip
Unregistered
Default Rain-X Latitude blades

I am a 1.5 yr Honda purchaser and lurker on the board. I appreciate all the good advice I have read here.

I just bought Rain-X Latitude blades for my 2007 Accord. They are that newer style thicker curved blade and were pretty pricey ($45 for the set). I installed them and tested them. They wiped very well where they made contact with the windshield, however, I noticed they left a frisbee sized un-wiped spot in front of the driver down to the bottom center of the windshield.

I looked more closely and found that the blade was not able to press down in the center because the wiper arm "stabilizer" (the plastic u-shaped piece attached to the wiper arm close to the door side that helps keep the wiper straight because the driver's side wiper is so long - 26") was keeping the thicker-than-normal curved wiper blade from making full contact with the wiper arm.

I removed the "stabilizer" (it was secured by one small philips screw to the wiper arm) and then the new wiper blade worked perfectly with the windshield cleaner - however, no rain or snow tests yet.

Question - will the removal of the wiper arm "stabilizer" cause me a problem down the road, perhaps allowing the wiper blade or arm to twist under the weight of snow or pouring rain on the highway?

Anyone have an opinion on this?

Thank you.