General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winshield wipers come on when i turn on the headlights...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Unhappy Winshield wipers come on when i turn on the headlights...

Ok Here it goes... I have a 1995 honda accord lx 4cyl auto

Problem: driver side headlight low beam wont come on, amber lights on the bottom wont come on, tried to plug in emergency lights button and the winshield wipers come on???? and sometimes the windshield wipers come on when i turn on the headlights ..... help please.

I regrounded #54 (headlights ground passenger side) still no luck D4 was blinking for a min but not any more, no check engine lights, all fuses are good.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:09 AM
Newest Of Newbies

the only things i could think that would that would be a) someone messed with the wiring in your car as a joke. b) you relays and main fuse boards are acting up or c) your ecu has gone haywire. other than that and assuming all the bulbs are fine i have no clue sorry

Old 12-31-2011, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

How much of the history of the car do you know......

Fuse is good, did you clean the gound on the drivers side.

There is a link in the "Common DIY Threads" sticky at the top of this section where you can download a manual.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:38 PM

History: I bought the car wrecked (front end collision) both driver and passenger side airbags deployed.

When I was installed the headlights turn them only the corners came on, then I read up and found out bout the #54 ground passenger side cleaned and regrounded then the passenger healight came on and both high beams worked and turn signals are not irradical flash normally.

Now driver low beam not working... turn signals stopped working and lower amber lights not working everything at the back of the car works fine...

Then when i was installing the cd player was weird because i was looking for the power wire and when i touched and tested a wire the WINSHIED WIPERS CAME ON!!!???

So then I went and Got an adapter that plugs right in to the stock and my cd player.

Then when I was putting everything back i when I connected the emergency light button WINSHIELD WIPERS CAME ON AGAIN!!! sO i LEFT IT UNPLUGGED.

PLEASE HELP WITH THIS HON-DACHE ACCORD... NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH ANY OF MY 100'S HONDAS THAT IVE OWNED....

THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU GUYS..

Old 12-31-2011, 05:41 PM

I DONT KNOW WHERE THE DRIVERS SIDE GROUND IS BUT IM GOING TO TRY AND LOOK FOR IT. iM NEW TO THESE FORUMS AND IM NOT GOOD AT LOOKING/NAVIGATING AROUND...IM GOING TO TRY AND DOWNLOAD THE SHOP MANUAL FOR IT AND i ALSO GOT A REALLY GOOD MULTIMETER HOPEFULLY I GET THIS STRAIGHETENED OUT.. ILL KEEP U GUYS POSTED.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

See this thread for pictures of headlight grounds.

honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2859012

Old 12-31-2011, 06:21 PM

First if the 4 way switch is unpluged the turn sig. will not work 2ed check the grnd. wire for the washer pump a bad grnd can cause this (wipers coming on with lits) Do you have power to the headlits? do you have a good gnd.? Try this get sa known good head lite add jumper wires to it go from the hot wire of head lite plug to to bulb then jumper to gnd. does it work? then go from battery to the bulb then to gnd. wire at the plug this will get you started and we can go from thair