General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring by driver side knew

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

I looked at my 05 TSX and figured out the connector. That wire harness is for your OBD2 connector. That metal box below and to the right of the grey harness is where the obd2 connector lives.

That harness doesn't need to be plugged into anything for the car to work. Wrap electrical tape around each wire to ensure they do not touch.

Check every fuse in your engine bay fuse box and your under dash fuse box. Hopefully the person messing with that connector only shorted wires that would blow a fuse. It is possible 2 wires were shorted that could fry your PCM.

If you have a test light, you can quickly test all of the fuses. See the video below.

Old 06-25-2020, 09:32 PM

Wow thanks man ! God bless you I fixed it . Car started right up . The people messing around with my OBD2 connector blue a fuse the ECU fuse so I put in the replacement fuse and it worked . Now I have to replace the OBD 2 connector for the next time I get it inspected or if I need any codes read ! Thank You once again ! Spot on diagnosis

Old 06-25-2020, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Glad it worked out and you have a running vehicle.

You can likely go to a u-pull-it junkyard and cut out an old harness. You can splice in the replacement harness by cutting back your broken harness wires, soldering and using some shrink-wrap.

It should be pretty inexpensive for a shop to do this if you aren't confident doing this. There are 2 black ground wires, so you may have to verify which ground to match. Normally it wouldn't matter, but I'm not sure how the ground is setup for connecting and obd2 connector.