General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Won't start on cold and humid mornings.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 02:39 PM
vernmont
Unregistered
Default RE: Won't start on cold and humid mornings.

I am happy to say that I believe the problem is solved. The car is starting fine now. Finally we got it to replicate its problem at the garage, the car had to stay overnight a few nights but wefound that it was spark and not fuel. We also discovered that at some point a mechanic had broken off the bottom bolt holding the distributor cover. This gave entry to moisture and corrosion. We drilled out the bolt and installed a new cap and rotor, changed the plugs and wires and it now seems to be back to its old dependable self again. I am surprised that a mechanic would break off the bolt, and then just walk away. I will try to look back through my records to see who the last person was to change that cap and make sure that I don't do business with him again. It's hard to get the bottom bolt out sometimes, but that is a poor excuse. Thank you all for your suggestions, you were most helpful.
Best,
Ken

Old 10-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Default RE: Won't start on cold and humid mornings.

That is some BS that a mechanic would do that. I guess he figured you may never notice. Glad to hear you got it fixed. Thanks for posting what fixed it! Thatmay help people in the future that havea similarproblem.