General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would trans flush be a normal item for an 04?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Default Would trans flush be a normal item for an 04?

Hi All
I just bought an 04 Accord EXL and I absolutely love it! The previous owner had all required work done at the local Honda dealer. The car had a trans fluid flush done at 100Kms and now has 143,000 kms on it. This apparently means I will soon "due" for another look at the trans fluid.

When Iexamine the fluid there is no stink, and a light pink color,the trans works 100% as far as I can tell. So, I am not expecting the local dealer to want to do trans flush but I thought I would ask you other owners if this is at all likely. I am not a big fan of fluid flushes unless the trans is misbehaving big time. I know many owners never change any of the fluid much less do flushes.Should I be expecting the dealer to simply doa partial fluid change or for them to be talking a flush?

Thanks in advance!
Steve

Old 05-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Default RE: Would trans flush be a normal item for an 04?

I wouldn't bother with it if the fluid is still pink and doesn't smell burned. But that is just me. Make sure you only allow the dealer to flush it though as they will do it correctly.DO NOTtake it to someplace like PepBoys or one of those "do it all" shops for a flush. they will hook it up to a power flushing machine that will damage your trans. I do not like the words "transmission flush" because of this. I wish dealerships would not use that terminology since it likely leads consumers to believe they can get a flush somewhere else and be fine. This in NOT the case.