HAF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with HAF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better HAF? Tell us here.

Change Name to "HAF Help, How to, & Suggestion Center " ???

Old 01-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Thumbs up Change Name to "HAF Help, How to, & Suggestion Center " ???

I was thinking that it might help more if "HOW TO" was added to this sections name...Just a thought, there is a lot of GREAT "How to" info in here...

Old 01-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Supper Moderator

well that’s what the DIY area is for. For the how to do stuff. When I have some spare time and stay on the computer more then 15-20min at a time I’m gonna try and re-do the DIY area. Just have not had the time to dedicate to over haul of that area of the forum.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Default I meant to say this...lol

Originally Posted by g22cd5
well that’s what the DIY area is for. For the how to do stuff. When I have some spare time and stay on the computer more then 15-20min at a time I’m gonna try and re-do the DIY area. Just have not had the time to dedicate to over haul of that area of the forum.
"How To" I mean, How to do things and how to operate in the forum, u kno like how to post a pic how to change or add pics, avatars and other stuff U need to kno on how to be able to do the things that arnt so related to Vehicle how too's.... That I finally found when I read the help and suggestions thread. But U kno me Im confused No Matter What...LOL...

Old 01-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Supper Moderator

lol you kill me dave

Old 01-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Even Angelo can't rename the areas, and he's been asking for that in other places for awhile without results.

How about a sticky-thread up at the top of each area saying what it's all about? Oh wait, we already have that...

Old 01-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JimBlake
Even Angelo can't rename the areas, and he's been asking for that in other places for awhile without results.

How about a sticky-thread up at the top of each area saying what it's all about? Oh wait, we already have that...
Ok, heres my reasoning... DIY= Actual work That one can do to his/her vehicle. Thats the guts of the forum...The how to part is covered in the Do It Yourself. I think we all kno that...Because then U have DIY Answers on how to do it...
Now as far as the Help and Suggestion Center, We all need help !...lol. But when I went in there Finally, cuz who wants to admit they need help...lol, I found all those post by Devil somthing or another of How to do alot of things that have nothing to do with our cars, but "how to" function and operate in HAF...But, thats just a thought... we all kno that ppl just start posting and asking questions with out looking for threads, U kno, ppl Like me !!! But I woulda looked more at that thread if it had How To in it, Like How To's of HAF....bla bla bla...Anyway I'll shut up now...Dave... How about this... Instead of it being listed under "Other" List that thread under "The How to's of HAF"....????wuda u think ??? just another rambling thought...lol

Last edited by dunnskii; 01-27-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

There's another forum only moderators can see & there's a thread in there about re-naming DIY and stuff like that. Mods can't rename or move whole forums. Angelo (Admin) has more powers but I don't think he can do that either. So we're stuck with what we got. As mods, we're always moving threads when someone posts in the wrong area & not trying to create hard feelings as we do that.

We've been wanting to make the entire DIY section as READ-ONLY. Then only when a thread becomes a nice concise clear set of instructions, a mod can move it into DIY. The VAST majority of threads are rambling discussions about somebody's specific problem & troubleshooting process.

Agreed, very many of those threads are about somebody "DIY"-ing it to their car. But they aren't written like a clear procedure that everyone should follow. In fact, I usually make the mistake of assuming the person is intending to DIY. If I had known they were gonna give it to a mechanic, I might have written my answers differently.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
There's another forum only moderators can see & there's a thread in there about re-naming DIY and stuff like that. Mods can't rename or move whole forums. Angelo (Admin) has more powers but I don't think he can do that either. So we're stuck with what we got. As mods, we're always moving threads when someone posts in the wrong area & not trying to create hard feelings as we do that.

We've been wanting to make the entire DIY section as READ-ONLY. Then only when a thread becomes a nice concise clear set of instructions, a mod can move it into DIY. The VAST majority of threads are rambling discussions about somebody's specific problem & troubleshooting process.

Agreed, very many of those threads are about somebody "DIY"-ing it to their car. But they aren't written like a clear procedure that everyone should follow. In fact, I usually make the mistake of assuming the person is intending to DIY. If I had known they were gonna give it to a mechanic, I might have written my answers differently.
Gottcha....No big deal either way,At least now im more familiar with the procedures...kinda ...lol... ty sir...Dave

Old 12-31-2012, 05:27 PM
Administrator

If anyone misses Dave..you can always talk with him on FaceBook..I do all the time..

WheelBrokerAng