HAF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with HAF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better HAF? Tell us here.

HELP WITH DOOR Please

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 07:12 PM
Default RE: HELP WITH DOOR Please

i remember there being a square bracket that tucks inside the armrest to give support - i can't remember how i delt with the door handle - i am sorry for my spotty memory... you can get all the wiring harnesses by giving it the reach around once the panel is loosened... door handle! dammit - i'll try to remember what i did there... i'm not terribly sure - but i think i remember having to slide the whole little plastic piece that surrounds the handle, as well as the handle itself, straight forward toward the front of car (while pulling slightly outward) - then you can detach the mechanical part behind it... sorry for the long delay between posts - gotta alotta work today... hope that helps...

Old 05-01-2006, 07:27 PM

you're dead on with what I had to do in my 94 stevo... I'm almost willing to bet money that's the only issue you're having right now...

Old 05-01-2006, 07:31 PM

I'll try that right now

Old 05-01-2006, 07:43 PM

It worked your right. Now I have the panel off, but I have another problem. I thought the actuator was in the door and I could swap it out. Where is it located? I hope its not in the dash somwhere!!! Let me know if you guys know where it is.

Old 05-01-2006, 07:45 PM

did your power door locks work from the panel switches inside the car and just the remote didn't work for one side? or was the drivers side door unable to open with either the switch/remote?

Old 05-01-2006, 07:59 PM

The problem I had was that the driver door would not open with the keless remote. I could key it open. I thought it might be the driver side actuator because the passenger side door would work if the driver side was unlocked but not vice versa. Am I correct to say that it is the actuator? Or could it be another problem? Maybe the latch itself? Please let me know what you think could be the problem.

Old 05-01-2006, 08:10 PM

so if I understand you correctly the door would lock/unlock from inside using the power doorlock switch correct? This may be a tad late to ask this but have you checked all of your fuses? Check through all of those first and if you find nothing let us know

Old 05-01-2006, 08:29 PM

well, that would be a bummer if it was just the fuse... might as well upgrade yer speakers while you're in there! [sm=bangbang.gif]

Old 05-01-2006, 08:34 PM

that was my thoughts too... might as well get some speakers! Or if nothing else how to pull a door panel is a good thing to know...

Old 05-01-2006, 08:39 PM

mosdef...

Quick Reply: HELP WITH DOOR Please