HAF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with HAF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better HAF? Tell us here.

New forum folder idea

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

I've said this before, but here goes.

Moderating a forum has more to do with keeping the peace, enforcing the rules, & that kind of stuff. Even tho half-fast is a newbie user, he & other non-moderators can act as "experts" to control technical content that isn't correct.

The moderator's job is deleting spam, banning users that repeatedly break the rules, "MOST" of which isn't related to Honda expertise. I don't need any Honda wrenching experience to know that **** doesn't belong on this site. That's the stuff that requires the big hammer of permanently banning users. You don't need to ban someone that makes an honest mistake in the technical content.

Last edited by JimBlake; 01-11-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
If we should think of doing this men...who do you think we should put in charge of it..If it's a go..I'm sure I can get it handled..But..it would have to be run by someone who knows what the heck they're talking about..

WheelBrokerAng
I would be glad to help out where ever I can with answers to questions, and pointing folks the right direction. If you need more info on my resume, let me know.

Originally Posted by JimBlake
I've said this before, but here goes.

Moderating a forum has more to do with keeping the peace, enforcing the rules, & that kind of stuff. Even tho half-fast is a newbie user, he & other non-moderators can act as "experts" to control technical content that isn't correct.

The moderator's job is deleting spam, banning users that repeatedly break the rules, "MOST" of which isn't related to Honda expertise. I don't need any Honda wrenching experience to know that **** doesn't belong on this site. That's the stuff that requires the big hammer of permanently banning users. You don't need to ban someone that makes an honest mistake in the technical content.
There are other things to consider like posts that are not consistent with the purpose of the forum. These types of thing require someone with the power to move them. I fully understand a noob such as myself isn't ready to be trusted... Perhaps if we can get beyond that hurdle, we can get some more Accords out on the track...

Old 01-13-2014, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Half-fast
I would be glad to help out where ever I can with answers to questions, and pointing folks the right direction. If you need more info on my resume, let me know.

There are other things to consider like posts that are not consistent with the purpose of the forum. These types of thing require someone with the power to move them. I fully understand a noob such as myself isn't ready to be trusted... Perhaps if we can get beyond that hurdle, we can get some more Accords out on the track...
You'd almost have to be one of the members driving the answers - I've only know stock/OE stuff and nothing really about race set ups - again part of this would have to be sure people don't use the info for the street.......keep it on the track.

As Jim stated, our roles are more for "keeping" the peace. I'm sure I would get a few wrong (I'm human) but I.....we....might be able to look in and be sure that the posts are on topic - move those that are not. Also try to "hammer" anyone try to use special tricks for street reasons.

Don't know about the rest of you but I seem to spend more time recently just reading than really answering anything.

Two cents from Poorman

Old 01-13-2014, 07:28 PM

Agreed poorman. I would advocate that any mention of street racing be handled just as you would if it's posted in any other folder. It's safer on the track than on the DC beltway that for sure.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

I know that if this forum were created, I would be reading it too. So maybe the moderation is possible?

I just don't know the SCCA rulebook stuff in my head.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:31 AM

I know that if this forum were created, I would be reading it too. So maybe the moderation is possible?

I just don't know the SCCA rulebook stuff in my head.
Do I see a volunteer? <wink> <wink> <nudge> <nudge>

Old 01-14-2014, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Hahaha...
After you read my story about my one day on the track, you'll understand that my wife cannot find out that I even said the words "race" & "car" together in the same sentence.

Old 01-14-2014, 03:31 PM

Hahaha...
After you read my story about my one day on the track, you'll understand that my wife cannot find out that I even said the words "race" & "car" together in the same sentence.
It's a "Drivers Education Event"...