2013 Honda Accord cat back - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Old 08-08-2018, 10:47 AM

Default 2013 Honda Accord cat back

here everyone! First time posting here, mainly because Iím frustrated not being able to find what Iím looking for. I have a 2013 Honda Accord sedan exl 2.4L. Itís single exhaust, thinking about converting to dual. Hereís the thing though, idc if it stays single but Iím trying to find a cat back exhaust and all Iím able to find are axle back systems. Am I looking for the wrong thing/ in the wrong place? Essentially I want to make my car louder/faster, so idk what I want. Iíve lost hours researching. I bought a magnaflow street series universal muffler tip a friend recommended but I donít think itís what I want so Iíll probably return it. Please help me out since I donít know much about cars and youíre all geniuses. Thank you!!

Last edited by Karla Torres; 08-08-2018 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

Lets start with your wants; louder you can find pretty much any place, however, faster won't happen with just an exhaust (regardless of whether you're looking at Cat-Back or Axle-Back).
Old 08-08-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipo View Post
Lets start with your wants; louder you can find pretty much any place, however, faster won't happen with just an exhaust (regardless of whether you're looking at Cat-Back or Axle-Back).
Iíll start will louder. Everything on my car is stock at the moment. Want a nice loud deep sound to it.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

Check out Heeltoeauto.com. They have cat back sections (e.g., b-pipe) and axle back exhaust components.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull-1 View Post
Check out Heeltoeauto.com. They have cat back sections (e.g., b-pipe) and axle back exhaust components.

so i put in all the info for my car and the only exhaust options they have are for dual exhaust. Does that mean I have no other choice than to convert it to dual? Thatís the thing, Iím mainly just looking for single. I guess if I planned to convert to dual eventually, might as well do it now. I just donít know why they wouldnít have any single exhaust options for my car.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

I checked some other sites, most of the better known brand names only have it in dual exhaust.

One single exhaust was a lesser known brand, Tsudo; but, supposedly, it can be hit or miss on the quality.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
I checked some other sites, most of the better known brand names only have it in dual exhaust.

One single exhaust was a lesser known brand, Tsudo; but, supposedly, it can be hit or miss on the quality.

thanks for all the help, really appreciate it! I really want the Borla cat back so Iíll just go ahead and convert it to dual exhaust.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Post some pics after you install it and tells us how you like it.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Some cars have more restrictive exhaust systems. Hondas tend to be less restrictive then most, just by tradition. I don't know specifically years or models...

Getting a less restrictive exhaust will only help to the extent that the original is restrictive. That's why it's limited benefit for most Hondas.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Post some pics after you install it and tells us how you like it.
Will do!👍